On Trial for Murder (Jaime Lannister x Stark!reader)

You fought back a scream. You were on trial for murder simply because you were a Stark. And, to make matters worse, you were on trial alongside Tyrion Lannister. If Cersei Lannister would find her own brother guilty, surely you didn't stand a chance. So, as so-called "witnesses" came forward offering supposed evidence of your and Tyrion's guilt, you kept quiet. Then, Tyrion uttered the words that sent a cold shiver down your spine. "We demand trial by combat!"

You kept your mouth closed as you and Tyrion were escorted back to your cell. Once the door closed behind the guard, you whirled on him. "Are you insane?! You know Cersei will chose the Mountain as her champion. If the Hound were here perhaps we'd stand a chance, but without him? No." Tyrion smirked. "Jaime will fight for us, Y/N." You shook your head in disgust. Why on earth would Jaime fight for you? Tyrion sure, but not you.

"No I won't, Tyrion," Jaime's voice drifted in as the door opened again. "Why not?" Jaime motioned to his gold hand. I can't fight the way I used to. Not with my left hand. " Tyrion sank down on this little bench and you groaned. You also sat down, your eyes never leaving Jaime. Of all the Lannisters, he was probably the one you hated the least, after Tyrion.

When Jaime was away from Cersei, he was actually a pretty decent man. He was charming, sarcastic, and intelligent. You'd even had decent conversations with the man during your time in King's Landing. "So you won't help us?" Tyrion asked and Jaime shook his head. "I can't. Perhaps Bronn can." With that, he left.

Bronn was no help either and you were beginning to get discouraged. You could almost feel the cold steel of the sword on the back of your neck. That would be your fate if you couldn't find a champion or if your champion lost. Enter Oberyn. To both your and Tyrion's surprise, he came in and offered to be your champion, if only to avenge his sister and her children. You agreed, not knowing that it would be his final fight.

When Oberyn was dead, Tywin declared you and Tyrion both guilty of murder and you were thrown back in your cell to await sentence. "Tyrion...I don't want to die," you said. The seriousness of your situation was finally sinking in. Tyrion sighed. "You think I do? I rather like living. The wine, the women." His voice got soft at that last part. You knew he was thinking about Shae. "So, what can we do?" Tyrion shrugged. "I don't know."

You sat in silence the rest of the day. When night fell, your heart sank lower in your chest. You knew you'd be executed the next morning. You rested your head on the rock wall behind you as you resigned yourself to your fate. Then, you heard the keys in the lock of the door.

You sat straight up and saw Jaime in the doorway. He wore a grim expression, but his green eyes sparkled with slight hope and mischief. "Come on. You need to leave King's Landing." You weren't sure if he was talking to you or to Tyrion. Tyrion wasted no time in getting up and heading toward the door. Jaime's eyes focused on you. "You too." You didn't need to be told a third time.

You stopped at the door and looked at him. "Why? Why let me go?" Jaime smiled. "You're not like other Starks. I don't believe you had anything to do with Joffrey's murder. You don't deserve to die for something you didn't do. Now go before it's too late." You nodded and turned to leave. Before you did though, you looked back at Jaime.

"Thank you, Ser," you whispered. Jaime nodded and smiled again. You bit your lip and, knowing you would never have another chance, you grabbed the back of Jaime's neck and pulled him to you. Your lips met his for a brief moment before you pulled away. "I hope we will meet again," you said softly. You let him go and left as quickly as possible. As you left King's Landing behind you, you sincerely prayed you would actually see him again.