My "Puppy" (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

There wasn't much good that came out of Sandor's life before the sept community took him in. His life was bleak and violent before, with the exception of one person. You. You had always been there for him no matter what he did. Yes, you often fought when Sandor killed people just because Joffrey told him to, but you always managed to forgive him. Then, you were separated during the Battle of the Blackwater and Sandor hadn't seen you since. He never expected to see you again.

Sandor dropped the rather large log he was carrying, desperate to catch his breath once more. He'd been working for hours along with the rest of the community to finish the sept they were building. It was hard work, but it gave the man that towered over everyone else something to do. It was something to get his mind off the thoughts that plagued him. Thoughts of Joffrey and King's Landing. Thoughts of Gregor. Thoughts of Arya Stark and the fact that she'd left him to die. Thoughts of his past and thoughts of you. He had no idea what had happened to you and dwelling on the idea that you might be dead was more than Sandor could take.

"Clegane, come grab some food," Brother Ray called out. Sandor let out a soft grunt and nodded. He couldn't work on an empty stomach, after all. Sandor grabbed his share of food and sat down to eat, alone as usual. He hadn't been eating long when Brother Ray came over to sit with him. "I think the men are afraid of you." Sandor shrugged and replied, "I'm used to it." The two sat talking for a few minutes, but the sound of hooves pounding against the ground stopped them. Sandor turned to see a lone rider approaching the small community at a very fast pace, as if they were running from something. Or someone.

Brother Ray's brows knit together as he stood, Sandor following suit. The rider of the dark horse wore a cloak and hood, so they couldn't see their face. That immediately set Sandor on edge. He didn't like not being to size up a threat. Clearly, the septon didn't feel the same for he called out, "Seven save you, friend! You're welcome here." The rider let out a soft sigh of relief. It was a rather feminine sound. "Thank you, friend. I've been riding for some time." Most definitely a woman and one whose voice Sandor was sure he knew.

The rider reached up one gloved hand and pushed the hood off their head. Just as Sandor suspected, it was you atop the horse. Your eyes scanned the small sept community and you smiled softly. Then, your gaze landed on Sandor and it was as if the world stopped turning. Every breath was knocked out of both of your bodies when sparkling (e/c) eyes met deep brown ones.

"Sandor? Is that really you?" you asked, your voice barely above a whisper. You slowly dismounted your horse and walked over to the two men. Brother Ray did not stay very long. Only long enough to ask what you were running from. "Brothers Without Banners. A few have taken it upon themselves to murder the innocent. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed an unnecessary execution. They've been after me since. I won't stay long and put your community in danger." That was all Brother Ray needed to hear. "You are welcome as long as you need, young lady." Then, he turned and left you and Sandor alone.

"Ya still can't keep outta trouble, can ya?" he asked, making you giggle. "Never could," you replied. You regarded him as if you hadn't seen him ever before. "You've changed, Sandor. And for the better I think. This community seems to have been good for you." You were making awkward small talk and you knew it, but in truth, you really didn't know what to say to the man. Not after so long. Had he forgotten what you'd had together? Had he moved on to someone else?

Sandor just looked at you with one brow raised. "Aye, it has." You grinned. "Good. As I said, I won't stay long." You turned to head back to your horse, but Sandor's hand shot out to grab your wrist. You looked back him and saw the pain in his eyes. He wouldn't say it out loud, but you knew he had the same thoughts in his head that you did. "Come with me." You let Sandor pull you away from the sept so the two of you could speak in a more private setting. Once you were truly alone, Sandor turned back to you.

Before he could open his mouth, you asked, "What are your feelings for me, Sandor? Are they the same or have they changed in all this time? Has the Hound found another to call his own?" The two of you had never really spoken your feelings out loud before as that wasn't Sandor's way, but you both knew how the other felt once upon a time. Sandor shook his head. "They never changed. They were what's kept me alive." You beamed up at him. "Good." Then, you brought his knuckles to your lips and kissed his hand. "My feelings have not changed for you either Sandor." Sandor leaned down and let his lips crash against yours in a frenzied kiss.

When the need for air forced you to part, you couldn't erase the smile on your face. Sandor sat on the ground and pulled you with him. Once you were seated comfortably, Sandor laid down and rested his head on your lap. Your fingers automatically began carding through his long locks, an action that always used to soothe him. And it seemed like it still worked. His eyes closed and he hummed softly. You let out a little chuckle after a few minutes and he opened his eyes. "What's so amusin'?"

You leaned down and kissed his forehead. "To the world, you are the Hound. A big, loyal, vicious guard dog. Someone to be feared, but here with me, like this, you're nothing more than a puppy." Sandor's lips turned into a frown. He reached over and gave your bum a soft pinch, making you squeal. "I ain't no puppy, little dove." You laughed before kissing him again. "You are to me. My puppy." Sandor let out a grumble, but didn't argue because he knew you were right. For you and only you, he was a sweet and caring puppy.