Spy (Robb Stark x fem!reader)

(WARNINGS: Violence, blood, death, vomiting and a teeny bit of fluff)

You knew when you chose to join Robb's army that it was dangerous. However, Robb had assured you that he would keep you as far from the fighting as possible. You would help in strategizing and things like that, but you wouldn't have to fight unless absolutely necessary. Robb didn't want the blood of anyone on your hands. You didn't expect to get that blood on your hands anyway.

"Lady Y/N," Robb greeted, entering your tent. You smiled at him and gestured for him to sit. He shook his head and produced a scroll from inside his furs. "I need you to deliver this to Aunt Lysa in the Vale. We need her army and I do not trust the ravens. They could be shot down. You are stealthy." He handed the scroll over and you took it gingerly. "You leave tonight." At your nod, Robb left your tent so you could prepare for the long journey to the Vale.

As soon as you were ready, you left the tent. Pulling your hood up, you carefully made your way to the edge of camp. You only made it about ten feet when you noticed him. You'd never seen him before, but you did recognize the colors he wore. Red and gold. Your brain instantly registered what you were seeing. A Lannister spy.

You tried to sneak passed him, but you ended up stepping on a fallen branch. It snapped and the spy's head whipped around to you. So much for being stealthy. The surprise on his face quickly morphed into a menacing smirk. He charged at you, and you turned and ran. Unfortunately, you tripped over your dress and landed in the dirt.

The spy's footsteps grew closer and you just knew you were going to die. You saw something shiny from the corner of your eye and looked. A sword. Thinking quickly, you grabbed the sword and rolled onto your back. The man lunged for you and you did the only thing you could think of. You kicked at his feet, causing him to trip and land on the sword. You could feel his blood dripping onto your dress and arms, but you didn't pull the sword away until you were sure the threat had passed.

You felt the wind knocked out of you when you finally pulled the sword free and the spy's body fell on you. With shaking hands, you pushed the body off and rolled away. Your hands were coated in blood and you felt nausea overcome you. You quickly emptied the contents of your stomach then got to your feet.

You broke into a run back to camp. While you thought about going to your tent to clean up, your feet had other ideas. You found yourself in Robb's tent with Robb staring at you in shock. "Lady Y/N?" By this time, your whole body was trembling. "What happened?" he asked and that was all it took. You broke down sobbing.

You sank to your knees on the ground. Robb was at your side in an instant. You clutched his furs as you cried. "I'm s-so sorry, Your G-Grace. I failed you." Robb's brows furrowed. "How did you fail me? And why are you covered in blood?" You explained what had happened through your tears. As you spoke, Robb held you closer. He couldn't help the guilt that began coursing through him.

"I kill him, Robb! I killed a man." The sobs were wracking your body and Robb kept trying to soothe you. "You did what you had to do, Y/N. You had to protect yourself and the secrets of this camp." You shook your head, still grasping his cloak as if your life depended on it. Robb didn't mind. He knew you needed him now. He didn't even care that his cloak was now saturated in blood from your hands.

"I am the one who is sorry, Y/N. I never should have asked you to go. I put you in danger. I put you in the position to defend yourself the way you did." You looked up at him, tears still shining in your eyes. Robb brought a hand up and wiped the wetness from your cheeks. "I've never killed anyone before," you told him softly.

"And I pray to the gods that you will never have to again. You are too kind a soul to have to kill anyone else." You smiled at him. Robb had always been so kind to you and seemed to know just what to say. "Now, I will send someone else to deliver the missive to Aunt Lysa. You will remain here to help me with our next course of action. I trust no one else with that duty." You nodded and Robb grinned. "Good, now come along. I am going to escort you to your tent where you can get cleaned up."

Once you were cleaned, you shyly looked at Robb. "Robb?" He hummed in acknowledgment. "Could you stay with me? I know I have no right to ask it,but I am not certain I can sleep after what happened." Robb smiled."Of course, Y/N. You do not need to ask." Robb did his best to keep from showing you how thrilled he was at the possibility of holding you close. You thanked him before climbing into bed. Robb followed and pulled you to him. The two of you stayed that way, talking for hours until you both drifted off to sleep.