Rescuing His Family (Theon Greyjoy x reader)

Theon set his jaw in determination. Not only had Euron taken Yara, but he had also taken you. You were the one person Theon loved more than anything. He had loved you since boyhood. Throughout every miserable thing in his life, Theon had always had you. You had always been there and now, you were gone. Theon could still see the smug look on Euron's face when he bragged about having you locked away with Yara.

When Theon was met with resistance from Yara's men, he fought. There was no way he was going to let them stop him from getting to Yara. From getting to you. Not anymore. He refused to be Reek anymore. He was going to be Theon Greyjoy, brother to the rightful queen to the Salt Throne. He fought until his opponent yielded, then he climbed aboard the rowboat heading for the fastest ship left in Yara's fleet. As they sailed for the Iron Islands, memories flashed in Theon's mind.

*flashback*

"Come on, Theon!" you cried, running passed him. You turned to face him with a mischievous glint in your eyes. Twelve year old Theon grinned and ran after you. The two of you had played a rather ingenious prank on the Stark girls' septa but you had to get out of there as quickly as possible before you were caught. You and Theon laughed as you darted toward your safe haven, his hand clasped in yours.

Theon, now age sixteen, plopped down next to you. He was pouting. "Aw, did Robb beat you again?" you teased. Theon's blue eyes narrowed. "No!...Yes." You laughed and reached over to squeeze his shoulder. "You'll beat him eventually, Theon. I know it." You got up and left him sitting there staring after you. He wasn't sure when it happened, but Theon realized that he'd fallen in love with you. All the whores in the world, even Ros, couldn't take your place. He only wanted you.

A few days after his realization, Theon decided to tell you how he felt. Well, you ended up doing it for him. You had gotten extremely drunk at dinner that night and Theon ended up having to carry you to your chambers. "Theon, do you love me? Because I love you. I love you so much it hurts." Theon shook his head. "You're just saying that because you're drunk." You frowned. "No, I'm not. I've loved you for a long time." Theon chuckled at your slurred words. "Tell me that when you're sober." You groaned and Theon realized you'd fallen asleep on his shoulder. He took you to your chambers and laid you down on your bed. He took the chance to kiss your forehead and left the room.

*end flashbacks*

Theon gripped the railing of the ship tightly. When Ramsay had taken him, Theon was certain he'd lost you. However, when he arrived at the Iron Islands, there you were, still in love with him. Theon wasn't the same man then though. He was Reek then. He couldn't be the man you deserved. He was too afraid. Too weak.

As the thoughts flashed through his mind, Theon wanted to scream. He wanted to fight and throw up at the same time. He loved Yara. She was his sister. But you? You were the love of his life. The person who loved him no matter what he did or didn't do. He never got the chance to tell you how he felt about you. Then his uncle had taken you and that was a worse fate than killing you.

Thoughts of rescuing you were what kept Theon going during the journey. When they finally docked on the Iron Islands, Theon rallied his men. Sword in hand, he rushed toward Pyke, determination written all over his face. He was going to save you and his sister if it was the last thing he did.