Overprotective (Joffrey Baratheon x sibling!reader)

"You can't do that, Joffrey!" you cried, marching toward your chambers. You were fuming. Joffrey was only your twin brother, but apparently that didn't stop him from trying to play "father". He was so overprotective, it drove you crazy. "I am the king. I can do as I please." You stopped and rolled your eyes. "What is it Grandfather says? Any man who must say I am the king is no true king? Just because you are the king doesn't mean you can control my life or who I am friends with." With that, you walked away again.

As you walked toward your chambers, your mind went back to what you were doing before Joffrey had so rudely interrupted. The face of your once secret lover floated in your mind and you felt yourself flush. You had been in the middle of a stolen moment when Joffrey caught you. He had the Hound pull your lover away and threatened to behead him if he ever came near you again. Your lover glanced over at you with wide eyes. Then, he did the unthinkable. He ran away without a word. Needless to say, you were livid with both him and Joffrey.

You hadn't made it to your chambers when you heard heavy foot steps behind you. You didn't even have to turn to know it was the Hound. "What does he want now?" you asked, arms crossed over your chest. The Hound smirked and shrugged. "Don't know. Only that he wasn't done talkin' ta ya." Sighing, you followed the Hound back to where your brother was waiting.

"What do you want, Joffrey?!" you snapped as soon as you saw him. You really weren't in the mood to deal with him anymore. You should have known he wasn't going to let you end the conversation. That wasn't his way. He was in charge and he wanted everyone to know it. "We weren't finished, Y/N." Scoffing, you plopped ungracefully into a chair. "No, you weren't finished. I was done. I'm still done."

"Y/N, can't you understand? I was only trying to protect you. You are heir to the realm if something happens to me. People only want what you can give them." You rolled your eyes again. You were pretty much the only person who could get away with giving Joffrey attitude. "I think I can judge for myself, Joffrey. You need to give me a chance. You need to give others a chance. You'll never win the love of your people if you're suspicious of everyone."

"It's my right and duty to protect you." You sighed. "Joffrey...I know you're trying to protect our family, but just stop. I can take care of myself. Focus on the realm and how you're going to keep your people from starving to death when war and Winter come." You stood up and turned to leave the room. "YOU'RE SO STUBBORN!" he yelled and you laughed humorlessly.

"Not quite as stubborn as you. Joff, you're my twin, my best friend. But I need you to understand that you don't need to be so overprotective. If you really want to protect someone, protect Tommen or Myrcella." You walked over to him and kissed him cheek. "Think about that while I go and try to smooth things over with my lover." Joffrey stood quietly for a minute. Then it registered what you'd said. He opened his mouth to yell at you, but then he saw your smirk. "I'm kidding, Joffrey. Seriously though, let it go."