Mysterious Stranger (Jaqen H'ghar x fem!reader)

You sat at the table, hands wrapped around your tankard of ale. You'd been traveling for weeks and decided to stop at a little inn before picking up and heading toward your next unknown destination. You loved the freedom of being able to see the world. You had travelled all over Westeros, not missing a chance to see everything there was to see. You sighed happily as you took another swig of the drink. The alcohol burned your throat, but you welcomed the feeling.

"It is not safe for a woman to travel alone," a deep voice came from next to you. You looked over to see a man with red hair that had white streaks in it. "This woman can defend herself, thank you," you retorted before turning back to your ale and the meat pie in front of you. The man laughed softly. "A man can see that." Your brows furrowed at his unusual way of speaking. "However, this one would like to ensure a woman's safety." Laughing, you gestured to the seat across from you.

"Does a woman often travel alone?" he asked you when you pushed the jug of ale toward him. You nodded. "Yep. I enjoy the solitude." The man raised an eyebrow. "Is there no family?" You shook your head, telling him that there wasn't. "And I'm glad. I enjoy my freedom." The man across from you laughed. You had to admit that it was a nice sound.

You sat talking with the man until the sun had long set behind the horizon. You liked him. He was mysterious and, as far as you could tell, deadly efficient. You went to bed with a smile on your face and woke up with one the next morning. You spent another day talking to the man. He intrigued you. It didn't even dawn on you that you didn't know his name until you'd spent three days with him.

You were in your room, packing a bag, when someone knocked on the door. "Come." The door opened and your knew friend, and crush, stepped through. "Is a woman leaving?" You nodded. "I am. It is time to move on. There is still so much of the world to see." He hummed in response. "And where will a woman go?" You shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. Somewhere warm. Perhaps Dorne. I haven't been there yet."

The man chuckled. "Perhaps a woman would travel to Braavos one day?" You thought for a second. "Maybe I will." He handed you a coin and gave you words to say when you got to Braavos. The man turned to leave the room. "Wait!" He stopped and looked back at you. "I don't know your name. I need to know who to look for when I get to Braavos." He smiled. "This one has the honor of being Jaqen H'ghar." You introduced yourself and he left with a slight bow.

*time skip*

You were taken aback by the beauty of Braavos. It had been a year since you'd met Jaqen. In that time, you had travelled to Dorne and the Reach. That was the end of your journey of Westeros except the Wall. No women allowed there. So, you decided to travel to Braavos and look for Jaqen.

Over the past year, Jaqen had occupied your thoughts more than you cared to admit. His mysterious nature and odd way of speaking had captured your attention in a way that no one ever had before. You had also done your research and discovered that Jaqen's odd way of speaking indicated that he belonged to the Faceless Men. An assassin of great skill. It should have scared you, but in truth, it didn't bother you. You knew he didn't kill for no reason.

Once your boat docked in Braavos, you went in search of the Temple of the Many-Faced God. When you found it, you pounded on the door. It opened to reveal a man in a white robe. You showed him the coin and said the words Jaqen instructed you to say. "Valar Morghulis." The man smiled and, before your eyes, he changed form.

"A woman has traveled to Braavos," Jaqen said, giving you a smile. You return it and replied, "I have. I wanted to see my friend." Jaqen chuckled and let you inside. "A man is...glad to see a woman in good health." You took your sword off your belt and handed it to another Faceless Man. "You aren't good with emotions, are you?" Jaqen shrugged with a smirk. "A servant of the Many-Faced God does not need emotions."

"Well, I am glad to see you, Jaqen. I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but I shall enjoy my time with you while I can. If you're willing, that is." Jaqen stared at you in surprise. "A woman will not stay in Braavos?" You giggled. "Probably not. There is much of the world I would like to see." Jaqen hummed again. You noticed it was one of his favorite expressions. "Perhaps a man could accompany a woman on her journey."

"Don't you need to be here?" Jaqen shook his head. "A man can serve the Many-Faced God from anywhere. If a woman would prefer to travel alone, then a man shall remain here." Your eyes widened and you assured him that wasn't the case. Actually, now that you were there, the thought of traveling alone again was less than appealing. "I would like it very much if you traveled with me."

"Then, after a woman has seen Braavos, a man shall have the honor of showing her the wonders of this part of the world." You laughed and did something neither of you expected. You wrapped your arms around his middle and hugged him. To your surprise, Jaqen returned the hug.

You looked up at him and grinned. "Are you sure you want to do this, Jaqen?" He nodded. "A man has thought of a woman many times these many moons. Now that she has returned to his life, he does not wish to part with her." You felt yourself flush. You couldn't believe that you were here, in Braavos, standing in the arms of your mysterious stranger who was prepared to travel the world with you.