"Toy" (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

If anyone had ever told Sandor that he would have a near death experience, he would have readily believed them. If anyone had told him that his experience would lead to him meeting a woman and falling in love with her, he would have laughed in their faces. But that's exactly what happened.

You weren't like other women. While they spent their days sewing and mending, or gathering food, you spent your time helping the men build the sept. You weren't the strongest woman around, but you tried your hardest and you refused to give up. You also didn't shirk away from Sandor the way the others did. You sat with him at mealtimes, even though neither of you said anything at first. You ate in silence, which intrigued Sandor.

After the first meal you shared together, Sandor kept his eye on you. He noticed a lot of little things about you. While you worked hard, you didn't think twice about stopping what you were doing to help someone else in need. He also noticed that you had a soft spot for children. However, Sandor also realized that the other women in the community had little to nothing to say to you. The men really didn't speak to you much either, except for Brother Ray. Like Sandor, you were something of an outsider and he fell for you.

It wasn't love at first sight by any means, but Sandor did fall. He fell in love with your hard-working nature. With your willingness to help whoever needed it. With the fact that you showed him kindness, even though he felt like he didn't deserve it. He fell in love with you, but he knew you would never love him. Still, Sandor couldn't help the need to watch over you and protect you. Then came the day he would almost lose you.

Sandor heard the cries from the small community. He ran as quickly as he could with his limp and the sight in front of him made his stomach turn. Bodies everywhere. The bodies of those he had come to call friends lying dead, the blood staining the green grass. Brother Ray was hanging in the center of his sept. Sandor's eyes scanned the field, frantically searching for you. He didn't see you and he wasn't sure if he was relieved or not. You weren't dead, but that meant the men who murdered the others had taken you. Grabbing up an axe, Sandor headed off in the most likely direction they would have gone.

When certain sects of the Brotherhood without Banners took someone prisoner, it was never a good thing. It was even worse if the prisoner was a woman, like you. They liked to use women like toys until they couldn't anymore.  Then they threw them away, either killing or selling them. The very thought that it could happen to you made Sandor's blood boil.

He soon came upon a small group of the Brotherhood, but you were nowhere in sight. After extracting information about you, Sandor killed the group and headed the way they indicated. It didn't take him long to find the others. They were strung up, about to be hanged. He gripped his axe tightly in his hand. "Sandor!"

Your voice caused him to stop. Beric Dondarrion turned to face Sandor. "Clegane." Sandor nodded in greeting, but his eyes were fixed on you. "Are ya alright?" he asked when you approached him and you nodded. "Yes. Dondarrion and his men saved me." Sandor looked into your eyes. He could see that you were afraid. It was a foreign expression on your face.

"Did any of them hurt ya?" he questioned, his voice barely above a whisper. Honestly, he was terrified of the answer. There were some things that were difficult to come back from. You shook your head and Sandor almost breathed a sigh of relief. "They didn't..." he trailed off and you shook your head again. You knew what he meant. "I am unharmed. Shaken but unharmed."

Beric cleared his throat, drawing both your and Sandor's attention away from each other. You moved to the side and let Sandor approach Beric and the three men strung up for hanging. "We intend on hanging them, but, since Y/N was the most affronted by their actions, she should have finally say," Thoros said and they all turned to you. Your eyes scanned the three men in front of you. For a moment, Sandor thought you would disagree. To his surprise, you gave a nod before turning away so you wouldn't have to watch.

When it was done, Sandor walked back over to you and placed a hand on your shoulder. You glanced up at him and gave him a soft smile. "I promise I am alright, Sandor." You moved away to sit by the fire. Sandor watched you walk away. "She's a fighter, that one," Beric declared, coming up behind Sandor. "That's how we found them. She was making such a racket trying to fight them all off."

Sandor didn't take his eyes off you as you smiled at one of the men who handed you a bowl of stew. He was just relieved you were safe. You glanced over at Sandor and grinned. "You're welcome to join us, Clegane." Sandor nodded and walked over to you. He sat with you until the others all fell asleep.

"You're still worried," you stated softly, "Why?" He looked at you and shrugged. "They took ya. I know what they do ta women." You placed a hand on his arm. "You feel guilty. Sandor, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have stopped them. Even if you had been right there, they would have killed you too and taken me anyway."

"I should have been there," was all he said and you laughed quietly. "Sandor, there was nothing you could do. Why do you care so much anyway?" Sandor cleared his throat and you a smile spread across your lips. Checking to make sure everyone was asleep, you slid onto Sandor's lap. You wrapped your arm around his neck. "Do you love me, Sandor?" you asked, cheekily. He gazed into your eyes and you could see the red tint appearing on his cheek and you knew it wasn't due to the closeness of the fire.

His hands rest on your hips, but Sandor was unsure of his actions. "I think you do." Sandor gulped and nodded. "Aye...I do." Your smile widened before you kissed his forehead. "I must say, that is a relief as this would be awkward if you didn't." Sandor let out a low chuckle. His eyes scanned your face, waiting for you to say something. "I love you, Sandor."Sandor leaned in and pressed his lips to yours and you could sense his nervousness. You giggled into the kiss, but returned it happily. One of his hands moved to your hair as the kiss deepened. Neither of you noticed Beric Dondarrion's eyes on you as he smiled to himself.