Outside the Norm (Robb Stark x fem!reader)

"What do you mean, my betrothed is coming here? I'm not betrothed to anyone," Robb questioned, his brows furrowed. Catelyn and Ned Stark exchanged a sheepish glance. "Yes you are. You have been since you were a child." Robb stared at his parents in disbelief. How could they not tell him that he had been betrothed for years? How could they not ask him? "And if I refuse?" Ned shook his head. "You cannot. It has been set since you were an infant. Lord and Lady Y/L/N are bringing their daughter here tomorrow." Robb didn't reply.

The next morning, Robb begrudgingly took his place next to his father as your family rode through the gates of Winterfell. Robb's gaze immediately fell on you. He swore the look on your face mirrored exactly how he felt. You weren't happy about your arrangement either and he could tell. It only became more apparent as Robb showed you around Winterfell at his parents' insistence.

You weren't trying to be so difficult. Really you weren't, but you just couldn't seem to help it. It wasn't that you had anything against Robb. He was nice enough. It was the fact that your parents hadn't said a word to you about the betrothal for years. Not that it would have mattered. You were a woman so you really didn't have much say in who you would marry. Needless to say, it made you less than cooperative. Something Robb noticed right away.

"My lady, perhaps you could be a little more pleasant about this," he sighed after about the fifth question he'd asked you that you didn't answer. You whipped your head around to glare at him. "A little more pleasant? You must be joking. How would you feel if you woke up one morning, content in your life, only to be told that you were leaving to meet your betrothed that you didn't even know existed? And to know that you had no say in it and not even because it was set in stone, but because you were a woman?"

You were angry. Robb could see the fire burning behind your eyes. If that anger hadn't been directed at him, he would have found you positively stunning at that moment. However, he wasn't going to let you get away with yelling at him. "I don't need to imagine! The same thing happened to me!" You opened your mouth to retort angrily first, then you closed it and smirked. Robb grew worried for a second.

"Are you a woman, Lord Robb?" Robb froze and realized what he'd said. His face turned red and he began to stutter. To his surprise, you started laughing. Your laughter bounced off the walls and soon Robb found himself joining you. When you stopped laughing, you met Robb's blue gaze and smiled.

"Forgive me for my unpleasantness. The sudden news of our betrothal was rather unsettling and I took it out on you," you said softly. Robb returned the smile and shook his head. "There is nothing to forgive, my lady. Now, shall I finish the tour? I would hate for you to get lost during your stay here." You nodded and took his arm.

*time skip*

Your stay at Winterfell had gone from unwanted and anxiety-filled to something much more pleasant and happy. Robb wasn't anywhere near as bad as you thought he'd be and he thought the same about you. You were really a lot of fun. You had ideas and you weren't afraid to share. You weren't afraid to bring Robb down a peg or two with your words when he needed it.

It was about a month later, after spending yet another full day without Robb, that you realized that you had fallen for him. That you craved the time spent with him. You wanted to shake your head at yourself. It wasn't normal. Typically in your kind of situation, the two parties didn't love each other. Sure, it was possible for love to grow after the marriage had begun, but not before. You had no idea that Robb felt the same.

Robb had been struggling to keep his actions toward you appropriate and lordly. He kept you at arm's length unless he was escorting you somewhere. He spoke to you kindly, but with propriety. It was difficult for the young wolf, who wanted nothing more than to grab you and kiss you senseless. He wanted to hold you, stare deeply in your (e/c) eyes and tell you that he loved you. He didn't want to scare you off. He didn't want to ruin the progress the two of you had made. So, he kept his growing feelings to himself. Mostly by avoiding you when he could.

What Robb didn't realize was that you'd had enough. You made your way through Winterfell in search of your betrothed. You wanted to give him a piece of your mind. You searched in all the usual places, but no Robb. Finally, you asked a servant who told you where to find him. The Godswood. You turned on your heel and practically ran to the Godswood.

Sure enough, there was Robb. He was muttering to himself and sharpening his sword. "Robb Stark!" He jumped and dropped his sword in the dirt. He looked up at you guiltily. You didn't need to say anything. You simply stood there with your arms crossed and stared at him. Sighing, Robb got up and took a step closer to you. "Have I done something?" you asked, your voice softening.

"No! Of course not! What could you have possibly done?" You gave a little shrug. "If I haven't done anything, why have I not seen you? And when I do, you act so cold. I cannot help but feel I've done something to upset you. To change your feelings for me back to what they were when I first arrived." Robb reached out and grabbed your arms gently. "You've done nothing! I swear it. And yes, my feelings have changed, but not in the negative."

You looked at him and he nearly got lost in your eyes. You looked so confused and so hopeful at the same time. Your tongue darted out to lick your chapped lips and Robb couldn't take it anymore. He pulled you closer and encased your lips with his.

You let out a small squeal of surprise at his action. That wasn't what you were expecting him to do. Then, it registered what was happening. Robb was kissing you. You snapped yourself out of your daze and kissed back. It wasn't overly rushed or sloppy. The kiss was slow and sure, showing you that Robb had been waiting to do that for a while now. You savored every last second of it. Yes, your relationship was most definitely outside the norm for people in your situation, but maybe it was okay. If Robb was going to keep kissing you like that, you certainly didn't mind.