Flirting With the Clueless (Beric Dondarrion x reader)

Gods that man was clueless. Beric Dondarrion had immediately caught your interest when you met him. It was his presence that drew into the Brotherhood in the first place and the longer you traveled with them, the stronger his presence became in your eyes. You fell fast and you fell hard. The man was everything you ever wanted in a partner. Loyal and charming with a good sense of humor. And of course there was also the fact that the man refused to stay dead. That was a bit of a bonus. If only he wasn't so damn clueless.

"Is it me or is that man completely oblivious?" you asked Thoros one evening. The priest laughed. "It's not you, Y/N. Dondarrion is blind when it comes to affairs of the heart. Or half blind anyway." You rolled your eyes. "Very funny. Why do I even come to you for advice?" Thoros smirked.

"Because I'm the most honest man here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go be honest elsewhere." He got up and left. When he saw that you became occupied with something else, Thoros made his way over to Beric. "Thoros," Beric greeted, only barely looking up from sharpening his sword.

"You're an idiot." Beric stopped and stared at his friend with his one good eye. "I beg your pardon?" Thoros was looking at him with an expression that looked strange. One of pure annoyance. "I said you're an idiot. See Y/N over there? The person madly in love with you?" Beric's eye flickered over to where you were standing before looking back at Thoros.

"Been trying to show you for months that one has and you've not given even a hint that you understand. Y/N is about ready to give up on you." Beric just sat there for a few moments, the silence stretching out the entire time. His mind was trying to process what Thoros was telling him. You loved him? He wondered how long you had felt like that. His eye went back to you and you gave him a soft smile. Beric had no idea how he hadn't seen it before. Now that he thought about it, you really had been trying to tell him how you felt for a long time.

He got up from his spot, sheathed his sword, and walked over to you. Feeling his presence behind you, you turned to face Beric. "Good evening, Dondarrion. What can I do for you?" Beric noticed the change in your tone. It wasn't the way you usually spoke to him. Everything Thoros had said was making sense. "Dondarrion?" you asked again, your eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

Beric blinked and, in an instant of extreme bravery, he grabbed your face in his hands and crashed his lips to yours. You let out a light noise of surprise. Then you snapped into reality and realized what was happening. You kissed back just a fervently as he did. Cheers came from all around you, but you tried to ignore them. It seemed Beric wasn't clueless anymore and you were going to take advantage of it as long as he'd let you.

You were both panting for air when you separated. "Forgive me for being so oblivious, Y/N." You smiled and gave a breathless laugh. "I believe, after a kiss like that, I can forgive you just about anything." Beric chuckled before kissing you again, ignoring the sound of your brothers-in-arms.