Sisterly Advice (Jorah Mormont x reader)

Your eyes watched Jorah from across the room. You had been trying so long to tell him how you felt, but you had no idea how. You didn't even know if you had time for love, not as Daenerys' advisor. "Y/N, could I speak with you privately, please?" Daenerys asked, taking your attention away from Jorah's for a moment. "Of course, Khaleesi," you answered with a small bow of your head. You followed her out of the room, chancing a quick glance at Jorah to find his gaze already on you. You quickly turned back around and caught up with your queen.

Daenerys lead you to her chambers and poured you a goblet of wine. "Sit down, Y/N." You did as she asked. "What can I advise you on, Khaleesi?" Daenerys shook her head. "Nothing. I have noticed you've been distracted as of late." You sighed. You had thought you kept your thoughts hidden better. "It is nothing, Khaleesi. I promise it won't interfere with my ability to advise you."

She didn't reply for a moment, her violet eyes locked on you. She was studying you. Your face and your body language. It was clear that she had been hoping you'd open up to her. "Y/N, you know you're more than just an advisor to me." You looked up at her with furrowed brows. "It's true. You are my friend. I know I can tell you anything and trust you to keep it to yourself. You are like a sibling."

You smiled softly. You could hear the sincerity in her voice. "Now I know there is something bothering you. If you don't wish to talk about it, fine, but I hope you will share with me." You took a rather large swallow of your wine. "It's Ser Jorah," you finally said and she smiled. "You're in love with him." You nodded. "So much it hurts. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to show him." Daenerys shrugged. "Spend time with him."

"How? He is always either training or with you," you replied. "Then have him train you. I would like my advisors to be well rounded. It wouldn't be a bad idea." You contemplated for a moment until there was a knock on the door. "Khaleesi, oh. I didn't mean to interrupt." You smiled and rose from your seat. "No matter, Daario. I was just leaving." You bowed to Daenerys and left the room. Lost in thought, you wandered down the corridors of the palace in Meereen. You almost missed passing by Jorah.

"Good evening, Y/N." You nearly froze as Jorah walked by you. "Wait, Ser." Jorah stopped and turned to you with an expression of confusion. "Daario is in there with the Khaleesi." Jorah frowned and nodded. "Thank you." When you didn't move to leave, Jorah arched a brow and asked, "Is there something else I can do for you?"

"Could you train me?" you replied quickly. Jorah had to fight to cover up his shock. "Why would you want that?" You smiled. "It would help the Khaleesi to have an advisor who is knowledge in all areas, don't you think? Not to mention that some of the Dothraki look at me like I'm a joke." Jorah cracked a smile. "Then of course I will. We start tomorrow." You grinned and thanked him before turning and walking away, feeling lighter than air.

Jorah stood there for a moment longer. What had he just gotten himself into? This was not how he expected his night to go. He had hoped to finally tell Daenerys how he felt, but instead, he'd found you. He was happy you'd told him that Daario was in there with Daenerys. That was not something he'd wanted to walk in on. But now, he had to prepare himself to train you. He hardly ever trained non-soldiers to fight.

The next morning, you were outside before Jorah. Jorah stopped in his tracks seeing you there in a tunic and trousers rather than your typical attire. You turned to him with a smile that he returned. "Good morrow, Ser Jorah. Are you ready?" Jorah chuckled. "I can see you are." You nodded. Jorah handed you a sword. "Shall we begin?"

Jorah and you ended up training together every day for the next few weeks. As that time passed, Jorah began to wonder how he hadn't noticed you before. How hadn't he noticed how your eyes sparkled with joy despite your sometimes less than ideal circumstances? How hadn't he realized that your smile lit up a room and gave him something to look forward to? How hadn't he known about your determination and spunk? He didn't know, but he certainly felt stupid for it.

He stared up at the sky in disbelief. "Jorah? Are you alright?" you asked as your beautiful face came into view, hovering over him. You had successfully managed to knock him down, but only because he was distracted. Jorah looked up at you and nodded slightly. You gave him that smile again. The one that made his heart pound.

Without thinking, Jorah reached up and grabbed the back of your neck. He pulled your face down so his lips could meet yours in needy kiss. Your hands were planted on the ground next to Jorah's head, the rocks and sand digging into your palms, but you didn't seem to care. All either of you could focus on was the feeling of your lips meeting over and over again.

When you finally pulled away, you were both panting. Your eyes were wide with surprise. You pushed away slowly and sat down in the sand. Jorah sat up, his blue eyes never leaving yours. "Y/N?" You looked at him, tears in your eyes. "What was that? Pity?" you asked. Jorah's brows drew together. "Pity? Why would I pity you?"

"Surely you've seen the way I look at you, Jorah. The way I hang on your every word." Jorah shook his head. "No, Y/N. I only see you. There is no pity, I promise you. In the past few weeks, I have fallen in love with you. With everything about you." You reached over and cupped his stubbled cheek. As you leaned in to kiss him again, you hissed in pain. You pulled your hand away and looked at it. Jorah took both your hands in his and examined the injuries caused by the rocks and sand. He brought your palms up to his lips and kissed them.

"Come on." He stood and pulled you up after him. You walked back into the palace, smiling like you had never smiled before. "Jorah?" He hummed. "I love you." He stopped walking and faced you. He smiled and cupped your face in his hands. "I love you, Y/N."