Are You Afraid? (Sandor Clegane x reader)

You'd always loved the beach. Something about the water was so relaxing and you loved the way sand felt between your toes. If you could stay anywhere for the rest of your life, you'd chose the beach. Unfortunately for you, your lover Sandor didn't feel the same. It seemed he hated the beach almost as much as he hated fire. Still, you were determined to make him see that it was a good thing. That meant a day at the beach for you both.

"Please, Sandor? One day is all I ask." He frowned at you. "No, Y/N." You sighed heavily. "Fine. Guess I shall have to enjoy it by myself." You got up and went to put on your bathing clothes. You weren't about to get your beautiful every day clothes wet after all. Once you were changed you came back around your partition. "What are ya wearing?" Sandor asked, his voice tight. "My bathing attire, love. I told you I want to go to the beach." You turned to walk out of the room, but a hand caught your wrist.

"You're goin' out there dressed like that?" You arched a brow. It was a perfectly modest outfit. True, it showed more skin than your normal attire, but that was kind of the point. "Yes I am." Sandor scowled and you knew exactly where his mind was going. Protective lover mode. He didn't want anyone else to see that much of you. Ever. "Fine...I'll go." You grinned at him then kissed him. "Thank you. You shouldn't wear your armor though." Grumbling again, Sandor got up and removed his armor. Once he was ready, you both headed down to the beach.

As you suspected he would, Sandor growled at anybody who got even remotely close to you. No one could look at you without incurring Sandor's wrath. It wasn't that he was possessive, not really. He just didn't want someone unworthy of you to take you away from him. He wasn't even sure he was worthy of you himself, but you always assured him he was. He wasn't about to let someone swoop in and take you away unless you told him you wanted out of your relationship.

"Sandor, try to relax. No one is going to do anything to me. Now come on! I need to swim!" You grabbed his arm and headed toward the water. Sandor let you pull him right up until you got to the edge. Then, he stopped suddenly, jerking you backwards on accident. "Sandor?" He shook his head. "'M not goin' in there." You let your lips downturn. "But Sandor, that's the whole point." He muttered something you didn't understand.

You cocked your head to the side in confusion. "Sandor? Are you afraid of the water?" He glared at you. "'M not afraid!" he snapped, but turned his eyes away from yours. You reached up to cup his cheek. "Hey, it's alright if you are. If I had known, I wouldn't have dragged you down here." He shrugged. "Is it because you can't swim?"

"Can swim just fine. It's what's in the water that I don't trust." You smiled. "Oh. There's nothing really up this far except crabs and little fish. I promise nothing is going to hurt you or me. I won't force you, but I'd really like it if you joined me." He stubbornly shook his head. "Alright then. I'm going in. If you change your mind, let me know." With that, you waded into the water until you were about hip deep.

Sandor watched from the shore, his eyes riveted on you. You looked so at home in the water. At peace. He didn't understand it. You swam back and forth a few times, never letting yourself get too far away from Sandor's gaze. It was if you knew it would worry him more if he couldn't see you. Sandor let his gaze follow you for a few more minutes while he thought about the situation.

He meant what he said about not being afraid. He wasn't afraid of anything except for fire. Well, and the thought of losing you. It never occurred to him to be afraid of something like the sea. Still, he was hesitant. But then, he looked at you and saw the bright smile on your face as you enjoyed yourself and thought that perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. He wasn't doing you or himself any good by standing on the sidelines. It wasn't his nature. So, after taking a deep breath, Sandor toed off his shoes and joined you in the water.

You felt rather than heard the movement of water. You turned back toward the shore and beamed at the sight of Sandor wading out toward you. You swam over to meet him halfway. You threw your arms around the giant you loved. "Sandor. You did it." He just shrugged like it was nothing. "Nothin' better to do." You rolled your eyes playfully until he jumped, letting out a swear. You glanced down and saw a small school of fish swimming next to his feet and laughed.

He glared at you again before picking you up and holding you close. The glint in his eyes told you exactly what he was planning to do. "Sandor...don't you DARE!" You screamed the last word as Sandor gently tossed you back into the water. You came up sputtering and sniffling at the salt water that had made its way into your nose. You could see Sandor trying to hold back a laugh. You arched a brow. Then, with a smirk, you used your arm in a sweeping motion, launching a wall of water right at Sandor. He stopped laughing as water hit his face and chest. In the blink of an eye, water was going everywhere as the two of you splashed each other.