The Kingslayer(Jaime Lannister x fem!Stark reader)

You thought Jaime was your friend. The only one you had in King's Landing. That was before he attacked your father outside Lord Baelish's brothel. Now, you were so angry you couldn't see straight. You wouldn't even look at Jaime. You couldn't. Jory was dead and your father injured all because of Jaime. You ran to your chambers in the Red Keep to write down everything that had happened and how you felt, just as you had every night since you came to King's Landing with your father and sisters. Unfortunately, your book was not in its usual place. In fact, it was nowhere to be found.

Your door suddenly opened, startling you. You glanced over your shoulder to see Jaime. Glaring, you practically growled, "Get out. I have no wish to see you." Jaime ran his hand over his face and sighed. He never wanted you to look at him the way you were now. The way everyone else looked at him. They didn't see Ser Jaime Lannister the knight. They saw Ser Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer.

"Please, Lady Y/N. I know you're angry-" You cut him off with a scoff. "Angry?! Angry does not begin to describe how I feel, Ser. I am livid. I feel utterly betrayed! I thought you were my friend. What a stupid girl I was!"

"I am your friend. I simply want my brother back. The brother your mother took captive." You rolled your eyes. "Lord Tyrion left of his own accord. As for my mother, she is only doing what she feels is right and just. For Bran's sake." You glanced up at him and saw what could only be described as guilt crossing his handsome features. He understood all about protecting family. "I do not suppose an apology would be enough to pacify you?" You shook your head. "Would it be for you if it were your father?" Jaime sighed in defeat. "Fair enough."

You thought he'd leave after that, but he didn't. He stood there, looking at everything but you. As angry as you were, you couldn't help but feel for the man. The two of you were very close. "Jaime...what is it?" He shook his head, as if trying to rid it of ghosts of the past. "I-Will you ride with me?" The question surprised you, but you knew that if you wanted to get inside Jaime's head and figure out what was going on with him you would have to go with him. So, despite your better judgment, you agreed.

The first part of your ride was quiet, the only sound being the hooves of the horses as they traveled into the Kingswood. You were waiting for Jaime to say something. Anything. When he finally did, it wasn't what you expected. "Please stop looking at me that way." Your brows furrowed in confusion. "In what way?" Jaime finally brought his green eyes up to meet your Stark grey ones. "The way they all do. The ones who whisper that name behind my back. Kingslayer. That is how you're looking at me!" His voice grew stronger and louder with each word.

You pulled your horse to a stop and dismounted, encouraging Jaime to do that same. When you turned to face him, you were frowning. You hadn't realized that was how you looked at him. You never wanted to be one of those people, but after what happened with your father, you hadn't been able to help it. "Then explain to me how I'm supposed to look at you. You harmed my father, the Hand of the King you are sworn to defend. Not to mention the fact that you did kill the Mad King."

Jaime groaned and punched a nearby tree. "Yes, I did! Do you know why?!" You shook your head. You heard the stories like everyone else, but up until now, Jaime had shown no signs of what The Kingslayer was supposed to be like. Sighing, Jaime sat down in the grass and asked you to do the same. Once you were seated, Jaime began his story.

*teeny little time skip because I can't type out the whole story XD*

"He just kept saying, 'Burn them all'. I did the only thing I could do. The only thing to protect this city and the realm. Your honorable father found me and drew his own conclusions as to what happened. Never even gave me a chance to explain." Jaime's fists were clenched in his lap. You could tell he was fighting back tears and it made your own eyes well up. You reached over and placed a hand on his, catching the Lannister by surprise. He looked up at you.

"I am sorry, Jaime. I cannot change what happened, but know that I would if it were in my power. You are not an evil man, Jaime Lannister. You are good and kind. You have made terrible choices, but you are not the man they say you are." Jaime just sat there, unsure of how to respond. No one had ever told him those things before, not even Cersei and she was his twin. He gently grabbed your hand in his and brought it to his lips. "Thank you, Y/N."

You beamed at him. "Now, shall we head back?" You moved to get up, but Jaime still hadn't let go of your hand. "Not yet. I think I should like to remain out here for a bit. Perhaps read a little." You quirked a brow as Jaime produced a worn book from inside his cloak. Your eyes widened when you realized what it was. The book you wrote in every day. Your personal, private thoughts since your journey to King's Landing. Also the book you wrote your feelings in, including feelings you'd come to have for Jaime.

"Quite an interesting read, you know," he said with a smirk. You lunged for the book, but he moved it just out of your reach. Laughing, you tried again, only to end up lying across Jaime's lap. You blushed so much, your cheeks felt like fire."Give it back, Jaime." He held it further away, his eyes sparkling mischievously. This time, when you reached for it, Jaime moved his free hand to your chin. He turned your head just enough that your lips met his in a surprisingly gentle kiss. efault"z5Э