A Wolf Spy (Jaime Lannister x fem!reader)

"Damn him," you cursed under your breath. Robb had sent you out yet again to spy on the Lannisters only this time, you'd been caught. By none other than Jaime Lannister himself. "Well, well. A wolf spy? You're very bold," his sweet and calming voice was more frightening to you than if he were yelling or threatening. "I did as I was ordered," you said. You cursed your voice for wavering.

"The Young Wolf sends a lady to do his dirty work? Now that doesn't seem right. You're so vulnerable out here on your own. So defenseless." That sickly sweet voice was starting to get on your nerves. And you hated it when men thought you weak and vulnerable just because you were a woman. That was one thing Robb never did. Jaime Lannister was about to find out just how not vulnerable you were.

In an instant, you had unsheathed a hidden dagger and sliced at the man in front of you. Jaime backed away just before the blade could cut his cheek. When you swung again, he caught your wrist and clicked his tongue in disapproval. "Not so defenseless after all, are you?" Your eyes narrowed and you brought your knee up to his weakest point. Jaime let out a cough and let you go, giving you the chance to take off.

You heard Jaime curse behind you, but you didn't make it far before he caught up with you again. He grabbed you by the throat and pushed your back against a nearby tree. "I could kill you. Right here. Leave your body hanging in this tree for Robb Stark to find. Let your blood stain the ground," he growled.

Your mind was racing as you tried to figure out a way to save your life and complete your task. Your tongue darted out to lick your lips, grateful that he wasn't actually cutting off your airflow. "You could," you started softly, "But you won't. I'm more valuable to you alive." Jaime pulled back a little and arched a brow. "How so?"

"King Robb expects me to return with information as to your next plan. I could lead him in the wrong direction, buy you some time." Jaime glared at you suspiciously and you didn't blame him. You were trying to save your own skin and you both knew it. "Why?" he asked, his voice low. You chuckled wryly. "Do you really think I want to die out here? That I want to be killed or worse during this war? I'm going to do whatever it takes to save myself and my family."

Jaime let go of your throat. He stared at you as if trying to decide whether to believe you or not. After a few minutes, he finally spoke, "No. I won't let you return to Stark. Not yet anyway. And I won't kill you unless you give me reason." With that, he grabbed your arm, a lot more gently than you expected, and lead you back toward the Lannister camp.

Once inside his tent, Jaime let you go and handed you a plate of food. When you looked at him in confusion, he laughed and replied, "I told you that I wasn't going to kill you, that includes starving you." With a slight upturn of your lips, you took the plate and started eating. Jaime watched you for a moment before he sat down across from you and started asking you questions.

Amazingly enough, they weren't questions about Robb or the Stark army. They were questions about you and your family. While you were slightly suspicious, you were also calmed by his presence. He seemed sweet when he wasn't threatening you and he appeared to really listen when you spoke. You knew right then and there that things were going to change and that Jaime would become more important to you than you could imagine.

*time skip*

"Tyrion really did that to you?" you asked with a giggle. You had lost track of how long you'd been with Jaime. Long enough, you were certain, that Robb would probably think you were captured or dead. Jaime smiled. "He did. That wit of his has always been too big for him. Pranks were a large part of our childhood thanks to Tyrion." You laughed again making Jaime glance at you.