chapter 67

After a full day train ride

Ruby:re...remind me ag..again wh..why I couldn't go wi..with Zwei, to wait for y'all in...in...in the abandoned city?

*Ruby managed to stutter out looking out the window. Oobleck paid his attention to ruby, a ruby with blonde hair, no reptilian skin, and tail tucked in, inside her outfit, a JoJo style, jotaro Kujo long black trench coat, that yang made her wear, for cosplay reasons. Whatever that means, ruby has no idea*

Oobleck:because your the only one who's been to the capital, we need you to be our tour guide of sorts. But worry not miss Xiao long

*Ruby held the arm rest of her chair harder at the name she was now forced to use while in the capital, and while yang was internally happy with it, ruby couldn't be further from that emotion If she tried*

Oobleck:as long as your with me, I won't let anyone harm you, that's a promise

Ruby:whatever...

Ruby pov

*I was looking out of the window, the train was currently riding on top of the water that's not natural to vacuo, heavens no, as if those rich Pigs of the capital would ever use anything natural of this country, all the water was imported from atlas, millions and millions of gallons of imported water shining like diamonds, the shine also fake, for if you swim to the bottom you would only see concrete and lights to give the water that magical feeling. And In the horizon we could all see it, the capital of vacuo, the 'gem' of vacuo*

Ruby:ah there it is, the plastic city of vacuo. Panem

*I said mockingly, wanting to scratch the make up that hides the reptilian part of my face

*I said mockingly, wanting to scratch the make up that hides the reptilian part of my face. In the reflection I could see me, how I was supposed to look. I looked away, since I don't need to think on what may be, at least not now. Yang looked at me with a small smile*

Yang:you gotta admit it looks beautiful

Ruby:it's a..all fa..fake, no..nothing you haven't seen be...before in the n..news

*i mumbled/stuttered out, and looked back out the window, I had to hold my tongue since Weiss decided to speak up*

Weiss:while true, but you have to admit. If anything, they have not quite captured the magnificence of the glistening buildings in a rainbow of hues that tower into the air, just look at the shiny cars that roll down wide paved streets,

Ruby:oh your right and just look at the oddly dressed people with bizarre hair and painted faces who have never missed a meal.

*I said with a snarky tone, my rose of vacuo persona coming out of me whenever Weiss would speak up, something about her tone, or her unearned sense of entitlement just bothered me, enough to push the mask I've been wearing for years to come back up. I rolled My eyes as the train went further inside the city, the group saw more of the beauty of Panem*