chapter 38

Last time

Glynda:in the end the same hero complex as you summer, only she has it for different reasons. I hope I don't fail her like I failed you...

*Glynda muttered softly having her own demons of guilt and regret to face. She shook her head and put an electric blanket on top of ruby. Ruby curled inside the blanket enjoying the warmth as she slept*

Now

*Ruby was trembling in hot sand, her eyes red from all the tears, a mix of blood and a white liquid coming down her legs as she shakes like a leaf. Jake was sleeping soundly next to her after using ruby to release some stress, ruby felt completely numb and at the same time completely horrified from Jake forcing himself on to her again. she wanted the night's coldness to lower her heart till it stopped pumping. Ruby just wanted to die and end her torment*

???:Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

*The world started to change into a more pleasant location as she was in a flower bed, instead of the desert she was in a meadow*

???:Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes And when again they open, the sun will rise

*Ruby wanted to look around but she couldn't move, this wasn't the medicine. This felt different, more warm*

???:Here it's safe, and here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm

*ruby felt her head be lifted and laid back down on 2 soft pillows, the action made ruby give out a small whimper*

???:Here your dreams are sweet–
–and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

*Ruby felt someone pet her hair softly as the singing continued, ruby felt something so foreign that she couldn't even describe it, what ruby couldn't describe is that she felt safe. Safe in the arms of this being*

???:Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away

*Ruby did her best to move her head closer to the warmth not wanting to let go of it, whatever it was she needed more of it desperately*

Here it's safe, and here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from all harm Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

*The world started to vanish and the singing go as soft as a whisper, ruby could hear it as clear as a bird chirp*

???Here is the place where I love you

Real world

*Ruby slowly fluttered her eyes and looked up, she saw Glynda looking down at her, her dream pillows was just Glynda's lap. With a soft morning groan she slowly got up, ignoring Glynda's look of concern*

Ruby:care to tell me what you were doing?

Glynda:you appeared to be having a bad dream as you were silently crying. When I used to get like that my mother would sing to me, it helped me feel better. I thought it would do the same for you

*Ruby nodded, she looked around and just waited for her body to wake up with her brain, even if it's just been only a day ruby wanted to see how healed*

Ruby:I....thank you kindly, now where's your kitchen. I'm hungry

Glynda:lay back down I'll cook us breakfast. Are you well enough to make it to the table or will you eat here?