chapter 46

Author note:sorry I'm late, I was busy at baldur's gate alright let's go

*it's been a few days since ruby visited Zwei, the weekend was over and school was back in session, so ruby was alone with glynda till Friday*

Morning

*Glynda woke up early as always, she got up and stretched she put on her robe and slippers and walked out of her room, she softly opened Ruby's room and frowned slightly when she saw the girl again trembling and silently crying*

Glynda"how much more can she take, before she talks to me?"

*Glynda thought since she wanted to help the poor girl. But knew that if she forced it, nothing would change. Ruby had to be the one to come to her, with a sigh, Glynda walked up to her. She sat on the bed and started to softly pet her hair*

Glynda:I remember tears streaming down your face, When I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light

*Glynda sang softly to ruby, who in tern started to squirm closer to her. Glynda had a soft smile as she continued*

Glynda:I remember you said don't leave me here alone, But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Inside Ruby's brain

*She was reliving another day in her hell of being a mindless husk when the world changed into a more calm and for lack of s better word loving one*

Glynda:Just close your eyes, the sun is going down You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

*Ruby felt a warmth she enjoyed on her head and got closer do it, the dark cesspool that is her brain, became again that soft meadow where she was alone with the warmth*

Glynda:Don't you dare look out your window, darling, everything's on fire The war outside our door keeps raging on

*Ruby's tears stopped, she felt this warm aura just Engulfed her making her feel something she hasn't felt since she was 4. Safe*

Glynda:Hold onto this lullaby even when the music's gone, gone Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

*The world started to disappear as ruby was waking up, she looked up to see this angel, this thing that was giving her this feeling of safety, but she was already disappearing along with the world*

Real world

Glynda:You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

*Glynda had ruby in her arms, she ended fully in the bed hugging ruby from behind and petting her reptilian side. She felt ruby squirm again, she stopped singing and looked down at Ruby's snake eyes looking up at her*

Glynda:morning, feeling better?

Ruby;what do you think you're doing?

*Glynda heard the harshness in her words, the metaphorical walls going back up inside ruby, but at the same time she didn't pull away*

Glynda:you were having another nightmare, do you want to talk about it?

Raven:go ahead and talk about It, your not as strong as summer so why pretend you are

*Ruby heard Raven's voice in her head, her eyes became cold as she pushed herself off the embrace*

Ruby:I don't need to talk about nothing because I'm fine, it was just a bad dream