chapter 56

Author note: So! I was playing baldur's gate 3 and guess who's game file got corrupted after 59 HOURS!, so while I wallow in self-pity, you all getting this chapter a few hours early, since the comments from the people who write them (you all know who you are) always cheer me up

Information:Neo's Semblance: "Overactive Imagination", allows her to create "physical illusions that can be seen by everyone". These illusions are highly convincing and shatter like glass when she dispels them, or someone breaks them.

Now on to the story

*Ruby was frozen in place in a state of shock seeing someone who should be dead, next to the red eye penny. A green eye penny appeared, this one being completely made from Ruby's fractured brain*

Green penny:my, she looks completely like me. Only she doesn't have bullet holes in her body

Ruby:this...this isn't possible, she died! She died in my arms!

*Ruby yelled glaring at winter, her eyes demanding an explanation but getting none. Penny frowned deeply at Ruby's statement and she dashed towards her. Neo pushed ruby out of the way of the attack and signed as fast as she could*

Neo'focus!!'

Green penny:I believe it is best that you listen to your friend. Wouldn't want to get her killed too now do you?

*The fake penny spat, ruby was in a daze over seeing her best friend alive and well, her fracture mind not being able to handle it hense making fake penny appear. Red penny landed perfectly next to winter taking her weapon out holding a green sword *

 Red penny landed perfectly next to winter taking her weapon out holding a green sword *

Penny:my calculations were incorrect, I won't fail next time

Winter:you better not.

*Ruby glared at winter for taking such a harsh tone to penny, but red penny didn't react, she remained looking at ruby with an angry scowl*

Neo'looks like we'll have to fight our way out of this one, who do you want to kill?'

Green Penny:you already let me die once, might as well kill me for real this time

Ruby:neo, take care of winter. I need to fight penny alone

*Ruby said with a scowl on her own face looking at red Penny, even if fighting her was the last thing ruby wanted to do. She wasn't giving a choice on the matter, neo just nodded and looked at winter who took out her sword a single edged, slightly curved blade. Neo smirked and did the same taking out her long thin blade that was hidden within the longest of her Parasol's tube*

Winter:penny, you are ordered to bring your killer and her accomplice

Ruby:My my don't we have a mouth on yah?

Green Penny:a mouth that speaks the truth, since you did let me die

*Ruby hissed at winter or green penny, ruby didn't quite know, since she was starting to lose her grip with reality, her glare becoming more hateful looking at the true killer of penny. Penny and Winter both dashed towards ruby and neo, winter got there first and pierced neo, but something happened that surprised both of them. Ruby and Neo shattered into glass shards before there very eyes.*