chapter 39

Days later

In beacon

Coco:are you gonna visit her again?

*Coco asked her girlfriend who was busy making chocolate chip cookies. Velvet took off her chef's hat and looked at Coco, Coco had to control herself over how cute velvet looked in her apron*

Velvet:well yeah, I like her outlaw stories, and she's really not that bad a girl,

Coco:were talking about the same girl that shoot her own teammate, I'm tempted to believe the rumors. I just want you to be safe

*Velvet frowned slightly, since ruby was gone the rumor mill did what it does best and spread rumors like no tomorrow, it painted cardin and his group as the victims in the fight and ruby nothing more then a dangerous outlaw*

Velvet:the rumors that's been spreading around are nothing but lies. I can see it in her eyes, she's nothing but a scared little girl, lashing out at the world.

Coco:ok, but that's not your problem. She's not your problem, while I'm thankful that she helped you. If you keep doing this cardin will just get worse, so why are you doing it?

*Velvet didn't respond for a moment and just looked at her wrist, she was able to hide it through mascara, long sleeve shirts and other things but she knows it's there, she remember the hot iron touching her skin permanently branding her as property. Velvet scarlatina was one of the people ruby freed*

Velvet:because what she gave me I can never give back, still I have to try

*Velvet said, coco sighed as velvet's tone made it clear that the conversation was finished. Velvet took the cookies out of the oven filling the dorm room with the scent of freshly baked cookies, she backed them in a bag and walked to her girlfriend giving her a loving smile*

Velvet:I'll be back soon honey, and please consider coming with me for a visit some other time

Coco: I'll...think about it, I love you

Velvet:I love you too

*Velvet walked out and walked along the halls of beacon, her ears picked up a lot of people talking it sometimes became overwhelming*

???:did you hear? I heard that little brat doesn't even know how to read, why is she even here?

*velvet heard someone spit out one of the rumors going around but she ignored it and kept walking till she reached a door. With a small breath she knocked, it took a few moments but it opened revealing team leader of team amazon pyrrha nikos*

Pyrrha:hello, oh! Your the bunny girl from the uh, lunch incident

Velvet:yes, hello. I was wondering If I could have a moment of your and your teams time?

*Pyrrha nodded and let her inside, velvet walked in and saw a boy reading a book and a girl eating a dangerously large stack of pancakes*

Velvet:uh, hello I'm velvet scarlatina. Second year student, I hope I'm not interrupting anything?

Pyrrha:oh no, not at all, we were just taking a break from studying. How can we help you?

*Velvet's heart started pounding faster, she started to grow nervous as she licked her lips*

Velvet"she freed from from slavery, the least you can too is free her from her self isolation tendencies, or at least help her take that first step"

*Velvet thought as a way to gain courage to herself*

Velvet:I uh, you see. I was gonna go visit Ruby and wondered if you guys wanted to join me

*Velvet's animal instincts were telling her to run, as the room became tense, Nora stopped eating and she could hear ren hold his book tighter. Pyrrha's smile became a bit more forced as she was feeling the same need to run but on a much smaller scale*