chapter 40

Last time

Ruby:if your expecting me to open the door for you, you have another thing coming

Glynda:yes yes, I'll get it

*Glynda said in a calm tone as she got up and opened the door, smiling when she saw velvet and another with her*

Glynda:velvet, Pyrrha please come in ruby is just doing a bit of exercise

Now

Meanwhile with Salem

*We see her holding one of her daughters like if she let's go of her she'll die, the girl that reminded Salem of the spring placed both of her tiny hands on salem's cheek and smiled brightly at here*

Spring:why so sad mommy? You look so pretty, daddy is just being a meanie

*Salem gave out a wet chuckle as she kissed springs little forehead and smiled*

Salem:thank you honey, it makes me so happy that you think I'm pretty

Spring:not just me! Summer, fall and winter we all think your pretty!

*Spring said with as much confidence as the little girl could muster, it made a tear fall from her eye. Sadly, Salem's little moment was interrupted by the door being opened*

Real world

*Salem didn't even move her head as she heard the door opening, coming in was a mustachio man. Y the name of Arthur Watts, Arthur walked in with a frown *

Arthur:the meeting will begin in a few minutes

Salem;I'll be there, now get out before you regret, entering my chambers without permission

*Arthur nodded giving a small bow before walking away. Salem's eyes never left the little trinket in her arms, the stuff animal of her youngest daughter*

 Salem's eyes never left the little trinket in her arms, the stuff animal of her youngest daughter*

*Salem rubbed the small stuffed animal, with a neutral expression. What once brought her joy, then anger, then regret, much later sadness. Now? She just feels almost numb do it as it was a trinket from a time she'll never be able to go back to*