A Spider Design

After dealing with another attack, we continued our search for my brother in the 'N' Line, the abandoned subway tunnel Jay found out about.

"Zane, can you hear me?" Asked my uncle through the coms.

"Yes, Master Wu." Replied the Nindroid.

"Be careful. I have a bad feel about this..." warned Master Wu.

"Ugh. Thanks for the encouragement. How about some good news?" Groaned Jay.

"The Federal Marshal Hound-dog McBrag was here. He confiscated the Bounty." Revealed uncle making us shocked.

"What?!" Yelled Kai.

"How is that good news?" Asked Cole.

"Not the Bounty...Our only way of normal transport..." I sighed.

"I'm afraid I don't have any good news. Be careful out there." Warned Master Wu.

"Affirmative." Nodded Zane.

We continued our path as Jay started to fanboy, "No way!"

"What?" Kai was surely confused on what happened with Jay.

"Is that what I think it is?!" Yelled Jay in excitement so much he took his hood off.

"If you think it's a rusted piece of junk blocking a tunnel? Then yes." Replied the Fire Ninja not too happy about our new finding of an old cart.

"That's not junk! That's a BRT M12 subway car! Ooohoohoo!" Squealed Jay more getting in the cart.

"Whaaaat?" Kai is still confused here.

"The BRT M12 was the Workhorse of the old Ninjago City subway system. Back when it was all run by steam. These cars were discontinued over 50 years ago! This is a classic!" Explained Jay while getting in Kai's face.

"Let me guess. You used to collect toy trains as a kid?" Teased the Fire Elemental.

"Ugh. No! I built 'model' toy trains thank you very much! And this is the very rare model! And they don't build them like this anymore. This baby was engineered for strength and durability!" Smiled the Lightning Ninja.

"Thanks for the trivia but can we get back to trying to find out what happens to our friend Lloyd? You know? Sensei's brother, younger brother to be exact, and vanished without a trace from this tunnel?" Asked Kai making Jay nod.

"Right! Yes, let's do it!" He agreed as we continued our way.

I stopped moving as I made a signal to Zane, "Z...need a scan please?"

He nodded as it seemed he caught the gist of what I sensed making him confused, "Huh...?"

"What's wrong?" Asked Cole.

"My acoustic sensors are picking up a faint sound." Answered the bot.

"What kind of sounds?" Added Jay.

"A soft clicking sound. Like tapping almost." Revealed Zane.

"Okay, everyone spread out. Let's look around." I ordered.

"W-What are we looking for?" Jay was confused on why I told the boys to start searching.

"I'm not sure myself, JJ...A machine, something weird. Just look for anything out of place." I concluded as we pointed our flashlights anywhere we find peculiar.

I joined Cole in our small search as he crouched down to feel the earth as I didn't know that something was happening.

"Oh gosh...Uh Angel...? Look ahead..." Cole shook gently pulled my arm as I gasped lightly seeing the dozens of spider bombs.