The Call of the Deep

I entered the room of scrolls as I saw my family except Lloyd there,

"Hello, mother! Uncle! I just found these interesting scrolls about some sacred places in the world! I was wondering where I could put them since I've finished reading them all...hehe..." I smiled towards the elders sheepishly.

"No wonder Cole and Lloyd asked if you were okay, you were too immersed in your reading." Smiled mother as I grew a bit shocked by the piece of information she gave me.

"Cole and Lloyd? What do you mean...? I didn't notice them talking to me...Oh! Oh...Now I get it..." I gave them a confused look before my uncle sent me a knowing one making me realize what actually happened.

"Hey, sis! Wanna hang out in the base with me? It's been a while since we've spent some bonding time together, like just the two of us. I figured that maybe we could...talk...more...? Uh...Find me if you're free!" Lloyd ran towards you but you only moved passed him without looking elsewhere than the scroll you had in your hand before Lloyd called out to you if you were interested to hang out with him later.

The next scene was when you walked to your shared room with Cole who was happily nodding to the music he had in his headphones.

You entered making your fiancé smile towards you and take off the headphones from his ears,

"Hey, love. What'chu doing? Uh...Okay...? Hm...Angel?Hello...? Earth to the most beautiful woman in the world in my eyes~ you there...? Okay...? Nice chat!" Cole smiled as he stood up from the bed and tried to talk to you but you just passed by him and kept on reading without looking away from the inscriptions, while you're fiancé tried start up a chat with you but ended up being semi confused on your behaviour before stopping as he just looked at you pacing around the room.

"Uh...I love you too...?" He spoke as you then left.

"Mom! Master Wu!" Yelled Lloyd through the halls with Cole behind him as they entered the scroll room.

"Yes, Lloyd?" Answered Misako putting away a scroll as Master Wu turned from the table that had a scroll rolled out, "Is something wrong?" Asked the master.

"Something happened to Angel!" Revealed Cole.

"What? Is she alright?" Questioned Misako getting worried for her daughter.

"We don't know...I tried to talk to her but she just didn't answer and didn't see me as she just passed by me like I was a ghost!" Explained Lloyd making hand mouvements while talking.

"Not to brag, but I was a ghost and you saw me. Anyways, same here, I tried to greet her but she didn't even speak to me at all and then left our room with me flabbergasted! You gotta do something Master Wu!" Added Cole.

"Hm...? Did she have a scroll?" Asked Misako to the younger adults.

"Yes. Why?" Replied your brother.

The two elders started to laugh making Cole and Lloyd confused, "What's so funny?" Questioned Cole.

"Haha! It's because your Sensei was just immersed in her reading. That's all. She must've made a zone of silence in her mind since she doesn't like to be disturbed and learned how to shut out the world. It's a pretty amazing ability. But a bit problematic at times." Chuckled Lloyd's mother.

The two younger adults looked at each other before sighing in relief, "Phew! I thought she was either in a trance by some villain or was angry at me...!" Smiled Lloyd in relief knowing why you didn't speak to him.

"Same here little bro, same here..." agreed the Earth Ninja.

"Hm. Seems like you've accepted the future outcome of the wedding I see." Smirked Wu as Cole and Lloyd scratched their heads in embarrassment.