Versus

It was the next morning and we were getting some breakfast to start off our morning, I was in between Cole and Jay waiting for our turn for food.

My father wasn't served since he wasn't invited as Lloyd was next, "Well, I know what we are being served. A bunch of boloney. This isn't a fighting tournament, it's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know exactly why. And if my sister is right about her hypothesis which is mostly right all the time. We haven't found Zane yet."

"Isn't it obvious? Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has a string of bad luck." Said Kai as he was next get served.

"I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister." Said Cole as I nodded.

"Cole's right. It can be something about taking over Ninjago but in a far more sinister way." I said as I was being served food before Jay was next who was still wearing his sleeping robe and still had his sleeping mask on.

"And may I remind us, that we still don't know where Zane is. Which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. Don't look at me. I've already moved on." Said Jay waving off Cole's stare as he was still beside me.

"Your opponent got himself kicked out." Reminded Cole.

"Haha. Either way, it's my day off. Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp." Said Jay as he got a bunch of creamy biscuits and gave me more saying I will need all the energy I got for today making me thank him as we went to our seats.

"Day off? And here I thought ninja never quit." Said Cole.

"And I used to think a ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend. AND break a friend's heart!" Said back Jay as I tried to stop them.

'Oh great...I was right...Cole still likes Nya and they're still fighting even after the whole Digital Overlord issue is over...' I thought as I looked at my tray and got a bit more heartbroken by what they said to each other.

"Whatever you have to say to each other, say it now, because harbouring grudges hurts no one but yourselves." Reminded my father as he did had a point, I used to think that being angry at Nya was gonna help but it didn't so I ended up just tolerating my patience with her and my feelings.

"He's right. You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other." Said Lloyd trying to keep the team together.

"What grudge? I already dropped it." Said Cole looking away from Jay.

"I dropped it first!" Retorted Jay.

"Did not!" Shouted Cole shoving Jay's tray as he did the same back, "Did too!"

"This tournament will test them, Lloyd, (Y/N). Either find a way for them to make peace, or neither of them will move on." Said Garmadon.

"The Tournament of Elements continues! Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least..." said Chen over the PA.

"Haha! Maybe we all get the day off!" Said happily before jinxing.

"Light! Oh! And I mean the Guardian of Light. Remember, only one can remain." Said Chen as I sighed.