Chapter 98

Haseena reached the accident spot hardly within five minutes with Cheeta and Jiya. They quickly got down from the jeep, seeing the crowd gathered there. They found a car crashed on the opposite side of the road and some people were trying to take out the half unconscious driver who was trapped inside.

Haseena's heart was thumping loudly and eyes were only searching for her Rishu while mumbling all sorts of prayers beneath her breath. Their eyes fell on Karishma's bike which was badly damaged after it seemingly bumped into the barricade on the road. Seeing the condition of the bike, Haseena gulped in fear and frantically ran in that direction, piercing the crowd. Cheeta and Jiya too followed her with tensed faces.

Karishma was sitting on the pavement with blood dripping off her injured forehead and her left hand had a big gash which was bleeding profusely. She also had some other minor scratches over her body. No one was helping her out, instead some were busy making videos while others just didn't want to get involved in any police formalities.

As Karishma saw Haseena approaching her with a worried expression, she tried to get up with a dizzy head and grimaced in pain. Haseena quickly rushed to her and took her into an embrace, not letting her stumble backwards and asked in an extremely concerned manner "Rishu, aap..aap thik toh hain.?"

Karishma left her whole body weight on Haseena with a relaxed smile & Haseena held her through her waist securely. Haseena tightened her grip around Karishma with tearful eyes, trying to calm down her irregular heartbeats but fresh tears rolled down her face.

Karishma caressed her back of head in a soothing way and said in a reassuring tone "Hum thik hain Tweety, kuch nahi hua humko."

Haseena broke the hug and kept her palm on Karishma's cheek which was now covered with blood and again said in a trembling voice "Yeh sab kya..aap, aap chaliye pehle doctor ke paas chalte hain."

Jiya and Cheeta moved towards them and helped Haseena bring Karishma to their jeep. They made Karishma sit at the backseat in a comfortable position.

Haseena quickly started to check the injuries on Karishma's body with teary eyes and said in a hurry "Cheeta yeh bheed clear karo yaha se, aur dekho kisi ne ambulance bulayi hai ya nahi. Aur jo log bhi khade hokar video bana rahe hain, unko kal Thane bulao. Jiya tu drive kar ke hospital chal jaldi."

Cheeta shook his head in understanding and went to do what Haseena ordered. Jiya also nodded while an aged man came near them and handed over a bottle of water to Haseena saying "Lijiye, usko paani pila dijiye thoda. Acha hua jo waqt rehte bike chhor di tumne, warna aur chot lag jati. Pata nahi aajkal ke bacchon ko overspeeding me kya maza aata hai."

Karishma tried to deny that but received a sharp glare from Haseena, making her gulp in fear. Haseena made her sip some water and then sat inside the jeep beside her.

She was about to close the door but Karishma said in a low voice "Hamari bike.."

Haseena scolded her in a cracking voice "Bhaad me gayi bike, aapse jyada keemati hai kya bike. Bike nayi aa jayegi, lekin aapko kuch ho jata toh.."

Jiya interrupted looking at Karishma's poor face through the mirror after getting scolded "Haseena, halat toh dekh le unki..aise kyun daant rahi hai."

Haseena replied "Daante nahi toh aur kya karein hum Jiya.."

Karishma said with a silly smile controlling her pain "Pyar kijiye aur kya."

Jiya laughed at her words while passing a cloth to Haseena to stop Karishma's bleeding. Haseena placed the cloth over Karishma's forehead causing a little pain to her and chided with an upset tone "Udaa rahi hongi bike apni..upar se phone pe baat bhi kar rahi thi. Hadd hoti hai laparwahi ki. Pata nahi kis baat ki jaldi rehti hai."