Chapter 40

Karishma entered the hospital in a hurry with an upset face while limping a bit. She rushed to the corridor where all MPT members and Jiya were waiting outside Haseena's room with tensed faces. Her heart was clouded with negative thoughts and she was struggling to shrug them off her mind.

She asked quickly with an upset face "Kaisi hai Haseena, aur kaise hua yeh sab?"

Everyone was shocked looking at her wretched state. Pushpa ji came forward & held her arms glancing at her clothes covered with dust.

"Aapko kya hua yeh" Phuspa ji asked worriedly trying to remove the dust from her shirt but Karishma stepped back.

Karishma ignored her question and asked again in strict tone "Humne kuch pucha hai pushpa ji."

Pushpaji understood her state of mind, so she answered in a calm tone "Wo thik hai, thodi chot aayi hai bus. Abhi thodi der pehle hi Doctor ne bataya hai ki koi ghabrane wali baat nahi hai. Doctor check kar rahe hai, fir humlog mil sakte hain. Aapko kya hua aap aise.."

Karishma closed her eyes for a second taking a deep breath and asked in a stern tone "Kaise hua yeh, koi ab batane ka kasht karega."

Jiya said looking at her stern expression with a fearful face "Wo haseena jab parking se car nikalne ja rhi thi, tab ek dusri car uski taraf bahot tezi se aage badhne lagi. Waqt rehte uski nazar padd gayi uspar, to haseena road ki dusri taraf kud gayi. Jhatke se girne ki wajah se, pavement se takra kar usko chot lag gayi aur woh behosh ho gayi. Tab maine ghabrahat me aakar aapko call kiya aur usko hospital lekar aayi. Aur fir baaki sab ko bhi inform kiya."

Karishma only shook her head with a blank face and looked inside the room once through the glass window. The doctor was checking haseena while she was lying unconscious on the bed with a plastered hand and bandaged leg.

As she saw her lying there with closed eyes, in an injured state, she felt as if her legs had lost all their strength and her lungs would collapse anytime due to the heaviness growing inside her chest. She tried to cry but tears didn't come out.

This was not the first time that her tears had betrayed her. As per her nature, she won't stop crying at the minor inconveniences in her life, but in contrast to that, she is not able to shed a single tear in the actual disturbing situations like this. Even when her parents died, she was unable to cry properly for weeks. Crying was never a sign of weakness but an emotional privilege for people like Karishma. She never got this privilege to cry her heart out freely. The phase of depression had worsened the situation for her. Although she's healed, this emotional malfunctioning has permanently made its place in her life.

She took a deep breath to calm down her raised heartbeats while her gaze was fixed on haseena.

The doctor came out and Karishma asked anxiously "Dr. saab, kaisi hain haseena, jyada chot aayi hai kya?

Doctor replied in a calm tone "Ji nahi, koi bahot serious injury nahi hai. Left Wrist me ek hairline fracture hai aur Ankle me halka sprain aa gya hai. Sar par koi external injury nahi hai, mild concussion ki wajah se kuch der ke liye woh behosh ho gayi thi. Fir bhi kuch tests karwa lenge kal confirm hone ke liye. Parson subah aap unhe ghar leke ja sakte hain."

Karishma said looking at him with hope " Toh humlog mil sakte hai ab unse?"

Doctor said "Ji bilkul, filhal bus pain killers ki wajah se so rahi hain. Dhyaan rakhiye ki wo pair aur hath pe pressure na de jyada. Do teen dinon me pair ka sprain thik ho jayega aur 3-4 weeks me unke haath ka cast bhi hat jayega. Take care."

Karishma breathed a sigh of relief and doctor left from there. She turned to her team members with a serious face and asked in a little louder tone "Kya ab bhi humein koi sach nahi batayega. Aadhi baat hum jaan chuke hain, puri bhi pata laga lenge. Fir bhi akhiri baar puch rahe hain, kya bola tha Vikram ne uss din Thane me aur iss baare me humein kyu nahi bataya gaya?"