Chapter 73

The next evening, as Karishma entered the Thana along with Haseena, Cheeta and Rajvir, Pushpa ji and Santu quickly took her in a tight hug with happiness and relief.

Pushpa ji asked breaking the hug "Aap thik hain na."

Santu was still hugging her with tears. Karishma nodded in assurance with a weak smile looking at Pushpa ji and then caressed Santu's head while saying lovingly "Santu, jung jeet ke thode hi aa rahe hain hum. Jail se aaye hain, kapde bhi gande hain hamare, door hato warna tumhari bhi wardi par daag lag jayega. Tumhein pareshan toh nahi kiya kisine jyada."

For some unknown reason, her words sounded weirdly melancholic to Haseena. Santu shook her head negatively and then broke the hug still sniffing a bit. Karishma pulled her cheek and said in a cheering up way "Rona band karo toh aaj ki ice cream party pakki!"

Santu nodded obediently wiping her tears and said with a smile "Pakka madam."

Karishma said while caressing her cheek "Haan baba pakka."

Haseena was glancing at Karishma whose face was dull and clothes were dirty, but she was still smiling at everyone hiding her feelings behind her strong face. Haseena refrained herself from asking anything to her in front of everyone, even though she could read her painful eyes quite efficiently.

Haseena asked Pushpa ji who was also looking at Karishma's state with concern "Pushpa ji, Duty hours almost khatam ho gaye hain toh hum bhi Karishma Singh ke sath ghar nikalte hain. Aaj night duty Rajvir ki hai. Toh aaplog bhi ghar chale jayiye."

Pushpa ji signalled to Haseena with a worried face but Haseena assured her by blinking her eyes with a calm face. Pushpa ji understood and nodded her head.

Haseena asked Karishma in a soft tone "Karishma Singh, chalein?"

Karishma who was standing with a blank face nodded without any reaction. They both left the thana in the jeep. While driving, Haseena tried to initiate the conversation but Karishma didn't give a very satisfactory reply to her.

They reached home and Haseena said to Karishma with a calm tone "Karishma, aap pehle freshen up ho jayiye. Hum khana lagate hain hamare liye. Okay?"

Karishma shook her head with a weak smile and moved towards her room.

Haseena looked at her gloomy face and her silence was making her worried. She said with herself "Aapki yeh chuppi dara rahi hai humein Karishma."

After sometime Karishma came out of her room while Haseena was in the kitchen. She sat on the dinning table silently and called "Haseena.."

Haseena quickly came out while wearing an apron and said in a cheerful tone with a smile "Hum aapko hi bulane aane wale the abhi."

Karishma smiled back at her and soon Haseena came near the table with two plates full of Rajma chawal. Haseena took a seat beside Karishma and said in a playful way "Ye lijiye aapki khidmat me pesh hai, aapke favourite Rajma chawal."

Haseena was about to say something but before that Karishma quickly pulled a plate near her and started to eat with her hand only. Haseena looked at her shockingly when she saw Karishma eating hastily like there is no tomorrow. It took her no time to realise that Karishma was hungry since last three days.

Haseena looked at her with teary eyes and said controlling herself "Karishma aaram se khayiye na."

Karishma continued eating like that which ultimately made her choke on food and she started to cough harshly. Haseena quickly forwarded a glass of water and rubbed her back with a concerned face.

Karishma calmed down a bit and then looked at Haseena who was looking at her with a tensed face and teary eyes. She said in an embarrassed tone "Maaf kijiye, bahot tez bhukh lagi thi."