Chapter 45

Haseena was talking with her ammi on the phone while pacing here & there in the study room, while Karishma was just staring at her with a lovesick eyes sitting on the bean bag crossing her legs and resting her face on her hands.

"Ammi humein na darr lagne laga hai. Woh humesha hamare zindagi me kuch na kuch bawal khada karte rehte hain." Haseena said in an irked tone.

Ammi replied teasingly "Waah bawaal.. beta ji, tum toh Rishu ki tarah baat bhi karne lagi ho."

As the phone was on speaker, Karishma also heard that and giggled. Haseena gave a stern look to her and said in annoyance "Ammi, humara pata nahi, aapko pakka hawa lag gayi hai aapki Rishu ki, har serious baat ko mazak me uda deti hain. Khair aap so jayiye raat bahot ho gayi hai. Good night."

Ammi said "Ha so ja shaanti se, kuch nahi hoga. Tu bewajah pareshan ho rahi hai. Wo waqt alag tha, yeh waqt alag hai. Hum bhaijaan se baat karenge iss baare me. Uparwala kabhi kuch galat nahi hone dega, vishwas rakh. Bye"

Haseena shook her head and hung up the call. She looked once at Karishma who was still gazing at her with a smile in the same pose.

Haseena smiled at her cute face and picked up the box of ring from the side table and sat near her on the floor. Karishma also shifted on the floor in front of Haseena taking support of the bean bag.

Haseena forwarded her hand towards Karishma and she quickly kept her hand on hers with excitement visible on her face. Haseena chuckled at her childish behaviour and said "Itni khushi.."

Karishma nodded with enthusiasm and said "Aur kya, aisa humne kabhi socha bhi nahi tha jab aapse mile the, ki aap kabhi humse pyar karengi. Ya fir humlog aise saath aa payenge. Yakeen hi nahi hota humko kabhi kabhi."

Haseena held her hand firmly, taking out the ring in the other hand and said with a loving tone "Aapse pyar karna humare muqaddar me tha. Hamari lakeeron me aap likhi hui thi. Bus pehchaan nahi paa rahe the hum usko. Aur ab jab pehchan liya hai toh ek minute, choriye ek pal ke liye bhi aapse alag nahi hona chahte. Aur yeh ring aapko yeh yaad dilwate rahegi ki, ab aap hamari hain, aur aap par haq hamara hai. Hamara pyar, hamari dua, aur hamare jazbaat hain iss ring me, jo aapko hamesha humse jode rakhenge."

Karishma smiled wholeheartedly while nodding her head and Haseena kissed her hand and slid the ring on her finger with all of her love and respect.

Karishma leaned towards Haseena and brushed their lips quickly and then sat up straight. Haseena smiled at this and spread her hands in front of her with love and Karishma entered her arms quickly and rested her head on Haseena's chest with closed eyes. Haseena safely embraced her into her arms kissing her head with love.

Haseena mumbled caressing her head "Chaliye so jate hain humlog bhi, bahot der ho gayi hai."

Karishma shook her head but didn't moved, instead hugged her more tightly. Haseena smiled at this and said stroking her back "Kya hua, thak gayi hain kya bahot."

Karishma replied in a low voice "Thode der rukiye na, aise hi acha lag rha hai."

Haseena kissed her head and they stayed like that for few more minutes soaking in the warmth from each other. After sometime they separated with a content smile on their faces and moved towards their room.

.
.

The next morning, Karishma was feeding Haseena with the sweet as Prashad after coming back from the temple.

Since morning Karishma had performed many rituals with Haseena, for instance, she rotated kali mirch around haseena and then threw it saying it would protect her from evil eyes, she placed a red teeka on Haseena's forehead, a black kajal dot behind her ear and now here she is, feeding her the prashad.