Chapter 76

Haseena had picked up Aadya in her arms as she was running behind Karishma who was teasing them by making funny faces. Aadya was giggling happily holding Haseena's batton in her hand and pointing it at Karishma. The temple premises was echoing with their laughter and joyful banter. People standing nearby were either staring at them with a smile or in astonishment.

Pandit ji who was standing nearby, was observing Aadya's happiness while she was with Karishma and Haseena. How could a child merely 2-3 years old was so much comfortable with them as if she knew them from ages. He smiled looking at their cheerful faces while playing together and prayed to God for their happiness. He was relieved to realise that Aadya's responsibility is now in good hands.

Karishma sat on the stairs after getting exhausted by running. Haseena too sat beside her with Aadya equally tired.

But Aadya was completely energetic opposite to both of them. She quickly jumped into Karishma's arms while squealing in her baby voice with a joyful chuckle "Kismaaa!"

Karishma held her safely in her hands with a wide smile and said in a loving tone "Haan meri nani, bolo kya chahiye?"

Aadya chuckled at her words and quickly imitated her "Meli Nanii.."

Karishma and Haseena shared a surprised look with each other and started to laugh at her cuteness. Karishma said to Haseena while smiling at Aadya "Ammi sunti toh nachne lagti abhi tak. Unko bataya tha na aapne?"

Haseena shook her head with a smile and replied "Ji woh toh keh rahi thi isme sochna hi kya hai, jaldi se ghar leke aa jao aadya ko."

Karishma smiled while Aadya looked at Haseena and exclaimed pointing at the chocolates kept near her purse "mummaaaa, choco.."

Haseena twisted her lips and said with an impressed smile "hamari Aadya toh badi intelligent hain."

Aadya showed her toothy grin as if she understood what Haseena said and Haseena forwarded a very small portion of chocolate towards her mouth.

Karishma said looking at her adorable smile "Humne pandit ji se baat kar li hai, kuch documents ready karane honge. Bus ek hafte ki baat hai, fir hum legally Aadya ko ghar leke ja sakte hain, hamari beti ke taur par."

Haseena replied with a smile "Humse na intezar nahi ho rha. Humne to saari planning bhi shuru kar di hai."

Karishma nodded in agreement with a smile and said "Humse bhi. Magar koi baat nahi dekhte hi dekhte ek hafta beet jayega. Waise ab hum nikalte hain, informer se milne bhi jana hai. Aap aayiye thode der me."

She kissed Aadya's cheeks and tried to give her into Haseena's lap, but it seemed like Aadya understood that Karishma was leaving, so she refused to go back to Haseena, clinging to Karishma adamantly with a pouted face and yelled "Noo..!"

Karishma was surprised at her reaction and gave a confused smile to Haseena who was equally amazed at Aadya's response.

Karishma caressed Aadya's back and said in a soothing tone "Aadya, hum kal fir aayenge aapse milne."

Aadya didn't listen and made a crying face as Karishma again tried to give her to Haseena. Karishma looked at Haseena with a poor face, while Haseena nodded in assurance.

Haseena said calmly forwarding her hands towards Aadya "Aadya, idhar aao beta, Karishma aapke liye aur chocolates lene ja rahi hain, bus abhi aa jayengi."

She somehow managed to divert Aadya's attention and took her into her lap with a comforting touch. Karishma glanced at Haseena with a small smile indicating that she was leaving. Haseena waved her hand at Karishma with a reassuring smile and Karishma left unwillingly from the place.