Chapter 51

After sometime Karishma started to gain consciousness as she tried to open her eyes slowly. Everybody smiled happily and Karishma tried to open her eyes, adjusting her blurry vision as she could not see people around her clearly and uttered in a weak voice "Haseena.."

Jiya smirked looking at Haseena saying "Yeh pyar nahi to kya hai."

Haseena tried to ignore her teasing comment but finally smiled with a blush visible on her face. Her eyes got filled with tears of happiness and relief hearing her voice.

Karishma finally opened her eyes properly and found all her loved ones standing there with teary eyes and happy faces. She smiled weakly and said in a low voice "Kya ho gya, aap sab ke chehre pe barah kahe baj rahe hain."

Pushpa ji chided quickly with brimming eyes "Humse puch rahi ho kya hua hai. Tum batao yeh kya kiya hai. Kisne bola tha hero banne ke liye."

Karishma said with a calm smile hiding her pain and discomfort "Amma..hum thik hai, aap shaant ho jayiye."

Santu interrupted in an angry tone "Rishu di..Aap kyu kisi ko bata kar nahi gayi. Aapko pata hai hum sab kitne pareshan ho rahe the. Khaskar ke Pushpa ji, Ammi, Madam sir.. kitna ro rahe the aapke liye puri raat."

Karishma glanced once at Haseena who was standing at a corner with a dull face hiding her tears, trying not to make any eye contact with her. She had some blood stains visible on her neck, hands and clothes. Jiya was standing beside her looking at Karishma with a gentle smile.

Karishma smiled weakly and said looking at Santu who was now in tears "Ama santu, aise koi bachon jaise rota hai kya..hum thik hai na baba..Chup Karo bilkul."

Santu nodded a bit a wiped her tears. Karishma spoke with Cheeta, Raj, Billa and consoled them too.

Ammi held her hand and said caressing her hair "Kaisa lag rha hai Rishu beta. Jyada dard hai kya."

Karishma smiled at her and said "Nahi ammi, Dard nahi hai humko thoda bhi. Aaplog fikar mat kijiye."

Ammi said in an apologetic tone "Maaf kar de beta, Nadeem ne jo kuch bhi kiya..Maine socha nahi tha woh itna gir jayega."

Karishma said quickly in a calm tone "Ammi aap kahe maafi maang rahi hain. Iss sab me aapka kya dosh hai. Hamara hi naseeb kharab hai."

Just then a nurse came inside and started to check her again after gaining consciousness.

Nurse said "Itni bheed mat lagayiye yaha patient ke paas. Hospital hai yeh."

Karishma replied sarcastically "Toh humko yaha se jane dijiye na. Bheed bhi hamare sath chali jayegi."

Nurse answered "Madam, abhi 4-5 dino ke liye toh aapko discharge nahi mil sakta."

Karishma said while trying to sit up straight "Arey aise kaise nahi..", She winced with sharp pain.

Haseena quickly walked near the bed with a worried face and scolded her sternly "Uth kar kaha Jana hai apko, lete nahi reh sakti hain kya chup chap."

Karishma made her face poor after getting scolded in front of everyone while everybody else suppressed their laughter.

Nurse instructed before leaving "Dekhiye filhal aap thodi der ke liye bhi baith nahi sakti hain, Doctor aayenge thodi der me aapko check karne. Aur jyada baatein bhi mat kijiyega."

Karishma was about to argue again but kept her mouth shut after she looked at Haseena glaring at her with a stern face.

Ammi stood up from the stool and said to pushpaji "Behenji, hum sab ko bhi nikalna chahiye ab. Rishu beta tu aaram kar. Haseena tu ruk rahi hai na yaha."