Chapter 24

It has been an hour since the rescue team entered the mall. Everybody outside could hear the occasional firing sounds from inside which were making them more worried.

The back up team outside was connected to the team with microphones but they haven't heard anything from them yet except for some gun shots.

Santosh was sitting with headphones and monitoring each and every voice from their side. Rajveer, cheeta and billu were trying to comfort pushpa ji who broke in tears since Karishma left. Haseena on the other hand was standing there with an inexpressive face concealing her restlessness. Her mind was however immersed in concern for Karishma and she was desperately waiting for all this chaos to end soon and her safe return along with the other people stuck inside.

.
.

After sometime one of the members of the rescue team managed to open a window at the back sneakily and started sending out the hostages one by one hastily.

The back up team along with Haseena got alert about the same and they started directing those people safely away from the mall. However the sounds of firing from inside were still audible.

Ambulances and Medical help had already arrived near the mall, hence the rescued people were taken care of by them to check for any external or internal injuries. The people who were saved were extremely scared - some were injured while some were coughing badly due to the smoke.

The people outside were happily meeting their loved ones who were safely rescued and the rest of the people were still waiting for their family members or friends who were yet to be rescued. The family of the rescue team were also present there.

All the MPT members were anxiously waiting for Karishma. Haseena was pacing here and there with a disturbed mind and uneven breaths.

In the next few minutes almost all the hostages were rescued safely including the two abducted officers. Soon the rescue team members also started moving out of the window saving their lives in an injured state.

The officials outside gathered around them. Haseena and other MPT members also rushed towards them to get any idea about what was happening inside and was everybody safe inside.

Haseena asked impatiently - "Andar kya situation hai, baaki ke officers aur hostages kaha hain?"

One of the members from the rescue team who was coughing badly and had many bruises all over his body managed to speak somehow - "madam sir..andar kareeb 20-25 terrorists the, jinme se aadhe se jyada ko humlogon ne maar giraya hai. Bus kuch aur log bache hai, jo lagataar firing kar rahe hain aur kuch hostages ko dhaal bana kar hamare upar grenades fek rahe hain. Hamare 3 sathi officers bhi shaheed ho gaye hain. Humlog jaise taise bach kar bahar aaye hain."

Everybody was shocked listening to him. Pushpa ji started crying badly while Cheetosh and Rajvir were also in tears by now. Haseena was terror stricken by this news & her heart shivered with fear.
She asked him again to confirm with a trembling voice - "Kaun..kaun kaun se officers sha..shaheed hue hain?"

Just then the sounds of gun shots and blasts intensified shaking everybody present there.

Three more officer came out, somehow managing to bring an injured lady with him. They immediately rushed towards them while one of them spoke hurriedly - " Terrorists ne hamare ek sathi ke upar gun taan rakhi hai, Karishma madam ne baaki sab ko bahar bhej diya hai..ab bus kuch hi log bache hain rescue ke liye aur bus teen hi terrorists bache hain"

Pushpaji said worriedly getting impatient- "madam sir, wo khud bahar kyu nahi aa rahi hain."

Haseena said with a stony expression - "Nahi aayengi wo bahar pushpa ji..jab tak kisi ek bhi insan ki jaan khatre me hogi, wo sirf apni jaan bachane ke liye, apne farz se peeche nahi hategi. Kyuki wo Karishma Singh hain!"