Chapter 16

In the market, Haseena was moving shop to shop, bargaining and arguing with the shopkeepers, while Karishma was just grumpily following her everywhere without speaking a word as she tried to stop her once from bargaining and Haseena warned her to keep quiet saying she doesn't have any idea about shopping.

Haseena was about to enter a saree shop, when Karishma finally spoke unable to control her irritation - "Haseena..Ye Saree ki dukaan hai, aur aap birthday party ki shopping krne aayi hain, par Uske alawa aapne baaki sab occasions ki khariddari kar li hai. Ab yaha kyu Jana hai. 2 ghante se ghuma rahi hain yaha se wahan."

Haseena looked at her cute angry face with an affectionate smile and said while intertwining her hands around her arm - "Bhukh lagi hai na aapko, tabhi kud kud kar rahi hain itna, chaliye kuch khate hai."

Karishma made her face poor & said - "Dinner ka waqt ho chuka hai, Malaika khana bana kar gayi hogi. Pehle pata hota to mana kar dete hum usko."

Haseena said after thinking for a second - "Aisa karte hai abhi kuch light sa kha lete hai, fir jaldi se ghar chalenge..okaayy..?"

Karishma said side-glancing at her with a little irked tone - "nahi pehle aapki shopping khatam karte hai jaldi se, fir kuch kha kar nikal jayenge."

Haseena asked to confirm -" Pakka?"

Karishma -"Ab pakka wakka chhoriye aur chaliye."

Both went inside a shop. Haseena got busy with selecting a dress while Karishma's eyes fell on a simple but beautiful Saree, she moved towards it and found it to be a bit expensive. But then gave it a thought and asked the sales person to pack it. Haseena moved towards her after finalizing her dress.

Haseena saw the saree and said with -"Waah Karishma kitni khubsurat saree hai, aapki choice to badi achi hai."

Karishma looked at her with a bit of hesitation & said - "Hai na..Humne khareed li, Kabhi koi special occasion hua to aap pehen lena..Ya hume kahi jana hua to hum pehen lenge. Aapki dress final ho gayi to chalein..?"

Both left the store & went to the food court. They ordered noodles and started chatting randomly while their order arrived. Haseena noticed that Karishma kept the fork aside & started eating comfortably with hand. She looked around them, some people sitting at the nearby tables looking at her strangely and smiling inwardly. Haseena too started eating with hand only, keeping the fork down on the table. Karishma was unaware of all the happenings around her and when she looked up towards Haseena to say something, she noticed her eating without a fork.

She asked - "Aapko bhi hath se hi khana pasand hai kya."

Haseena smiled softly and nodded in Yes, while looking at Karishma who again got busy with her food.

After washing their hands, Karishma unknowingly passed her hanky to Haseena. Haseena took it without noticing & kept it inside her pocket out of habit, after drying her hands.

.
.

Haseena entered Karishma's room after changing into casual clothes after coming back from the market. Karishma was in the washroom, so just sat on her bed to wait for her while glancing at her room. She saw a photo frame on the table with a photo of Karishma standing with a radiant smile in her uniform. Haseena smiled looking at it as Karishma came out of the washroom in her comfortable clothes. Haseena looked back at her and said - "Ye photo post kyu nahi karti aap, kitni purani photo laga rakhi hai dp me."

Karishma smiled back and said -"Humein yaad hi nahi rehta, sochte hai kayi baar, par itne aalsi hai na hum ki kya bataye."

"Waise aap yaha kya kar rahi hai, neend nahi aa rahi kya?" - Karishma asked again.