Chapter 81

Haseena was completely inconsolable and anguished. She shook Karishma gently at first in denial and said tapping her cheeks "Rishu, Rishu.."

But when she didn't get any response, she started to jerk Karishma in order to get any reaction and howled in pain, crying hysterically "Karishmaaa... Karishma..Uthiye..kya hua, uthiye na Rishu.. please meri jaaan...mazak mat kijiye humse. Hum jee nahi payenge. Humein chhor ke kaise ja sakti hain aap. Please ankhein kholiye Rishu, humse baat kijiye.. Karishma..hum aapki Tweety aapko bol rahi hai na uthne ko. Rishu.."

Rajvir & Cheeta entered along with the medical team and were shocked to see the devastating scenario and rushed towards them. Karishma was lying lifeless in Haseena's lap and Haseena was trying to wake her up and not seem to be in the right state of her mind. The medical team quickly moved towards Karishma with the stretcher.

The other officials also entered the auditorium and moved towards the hall to free all the civilians. Soon Pushpa ji, Santosh, Jiya and ammi reached the spot and got the worst shock of their lives. Aadya was sleeping in Ammi's arms. They all ran towards them with teary eyes but the medical team stopped them as they had to check Karishma first.

Haseena cried looking at them while caressing Karishma's face "Dekhiye na aaplog kya ho gaya hai inko..kuch bol hi nahi rahi hain. Boliye na inhe uthne ke liye. Jiya bol na inko ki yeh mazak na karein."

They all started to cry badly looking at her condition and Jiya moved towards her quickly.

The medical staff came near her and said "Madam thoda side hatiye aap please, humein check karne dijiye pehle."

Haseena didn't move from there and continued caressing Karishma's face with her palm. The staff tried to move Haseena who had cradled Karishma in her lap. He said to others "Madam ko please le jayiye, humein check karna hoga ki unki nabz chal rahi hai ya nahi. Agar ye zinda hain toh jald se jald hospital le jana hoga."

Haseena roared in a loud tone like a crazy person "Zinda hain se kya matlab hai tumhara.. kuch nahi hua hai Karishma ko, samjhe."

Jiya held her arm with tears and forcefully separated her from Karishma saying "Haseena, idhar aa ja unko Karishma ko check toh karne de."

Haseena fell on her knees and started to cry hysterically calling Karishma's name again and again. Jiya was trying to console her but all in vain.

The medical staff quickly shifted Karishma to the stretcher and started to check her vitals. He informed them "Weak pulse hai abhi..Jaldi hospital pahuch gaye toh shayad jaan bach sakti hai."

Everyone was relieved to hear that while Haseena closed her eyes for a moment keeping her hand on her racing heart, after finding a ray of hope. The medical team quickly moved Karishma towards the ambulance and everyone left for the hospital at the earliest.

.
.

Haseena was sitting on the bench away from everyone. Her face had marks of dry tears and she was still sniffing in spite of being tired for the last eight hours. Karishma was taken to the operation theatre and since then there has been no update on her health. She was all drenched with Karishma's blood, which has now dried, making her look miserable. Everyone tried to console her but she didn't respond to any of them. She just kept crying and crying until she had no energy left in her.

A ward boy came near Haseena with a transparent polybag and said "Isme patient ki kuch cheezein hain. Operation ke liye le jate waqt unke paas se mili thi. Ek baar check kar lijiyega. Aur koi keemati cheez toh nahi thi unke paas."

Haseena looked at him blankly and took it from his hands without uttering a word. She opened the bag without any expression and took out Karishma's phone, wallet, the ring which she was wearing, the watch which she had gifted to her, a wrapped box and a folded paper, all of those were now having blood stains.