Chapter 54

At lunch time, Haseena sent a video call request on Karishma's phone. Malaika picked up the call with a smiling face.

Haseena asked with a surprised expression "Malaika tum? Rishu so rahi hain kya?"

Malaika replied "Khud hi dekh lijiye aap didi."

She turned the phone towards the bed where Karishma was half lying on the bed with 7 year old Malaika's son sitting beside her. Karishma was reading a story to him from a book with enthusiasm and the kid had rested his head on her shoulder wrapping his hands around Karishma.

A sweet smile appeared on Haseena's face looking at the cute view in front of her. She leaned behind and rested her head on the chair peacefully gazing at her for a few seconds. Malaika handed over the phone to Karishma and moved out of the room.

Karishma smiled and said "Aapne kab call kiya, maaf kijiye hamara phone bahar ke kamre me tha."

Haseena replied in a soft tone "Ji bus abhi jab aap chintu ko kahaniyan sunane me busy thi. Kaise hain aap chintu ji..Aaj school gaye the aap?"

Chintu answered in a cute tone "Ha gaya tha. Fir aaj mujhe Rishu didi se milna tha, unko chot lagi thi na. To maa mujhe yaha le aayi unse milwane. Aapko pata hai aaj maine 4-4 stories suni hain unse."

Haseena smiled while Karishma said to him "Aapke liye hamare fridge me kuch rakha hai, jayiye le lijiye."

Chintu ran happily out of the room and Karishma looked at her screen where Haseena was smiling at her.

Karishma asked looking once at the door "Khana khaya aapne?"

Haseena said "Ji bus ab ja hi rhe the, socha aapse baat kar le. Aapne khana khaya aur dawai, dawai li na?"

Karishma replied with a calm smile "Ha khana kha liya aur dawai bhi le li. Aap jayiye lunch kijiye pehle..kitna late ho gya hai."

Haseena was about to reply when pushpaji, Santu and Billa entered the cabin and stood beside her to speak to Karishma on the call.

Santu asked "Karishma madam kaisi h aapki tabiyat?"

Pushpa ji asked in concerned tone "Ab dard nhi hota na jyada aapko."

Billa too said "Karishma madam.. aap thane kab wapas aaoge. Mujhe aapke kantap ki badi yaad aati hai."

Karishma smiled at their concern and said "Hum bilkul thik hain, Amma,santu aur bille. Aap sab log chinta mat kijiye, hum jaldi hi wapas aayenge Thane. Aaplog kaise hain?"

They replied in unison "Ekdum choukas!"

Karishma & Haseena chuckled at their words and soon they left the cabin, leaving Haseena alone.

Karishma said in a low voice with a gentle smile "Aapko kisi ne bataya hai Tweety ki aap uniform me kitni bawal lagti hain. Kitna pyar aata hai humein aap par, aur usse bhi jyada garv hota hai hamari jeevansathi par."

Haseena scratched her cheek with a blushing smile and said "Bus, bus..duty par aap nahi hain. Hum toh Duty par hain."

Karishma answered with a smile "Jaante hain, tabhi toh thoda fayda utha rahe aapki situation ka."

Haseena smiled at this and said observing her sleepy eyes "Aap aaram kijiye ab thodi der, hum ab shaam ko milte hai aapse. Bye."

Karishma nodded with a smile and said "Ji aap jaldi aayiyega Tweety."

Haseena said in a whispering tone "I love you." She blew a flying kiss at Karishma.

Karishma smiled admiringly and pretended to catch & hold it near her heart uttering in a soft tone "Hum bhi..!"