Chapter 41

After a while, Karishma entered the room with some medicine in her hand. Haseena looked at her with hope but Karishma didn't look at her and moved to keep the medicines on the side table.

Haseena said in a soft tone "Ek baar haal bhi nahi puchengi kya hamara, itna gussa hain?"

Karishma ignored her question completely and walked towards the couch and sat there picking up a magazine from the table.

Haseena looked at her with a sad face and spoke again in a pleading tone "Karishma, hum jaante hain humse galti ho gayi..Humein aapko sab kuch pehle hi bata dena chahiye tha. Par ab ho gaya na jo hona tha. Please yeh narazgi chhor dijiye na."

When Karishma didn't reply, she called her again in a soft tone "Karishma, kuch boliye toh sahi."

Karishma didn't react to any of her pleadings. Haseena looked at her with a gloomy face. A few minutes later, a nurse and a ward boy entered the room with a food trolley.

The nurse asked "Kaisa lag rha hai aapko, kahin pain toh nahi hai?"

Haseena replied "Nahi, thoda sa dard hai bus hath aur sar me."

Karishma was hearing their conversation attentively when she saw the nurse preparing an injection. She quickly got up and asked with concern "Kya hua, injection kyu de rahi hai. Sab..sab thik hai na."

"Madam yeh bus ek pain killer hai jo doctor ne prescribe ki hai, kal jo tests honge, agar wo normal hue to kal hi discharge mil jayega inko." the Nurse answered politely to which Karishma nodded her head.

The nurse injected the medicine on Haseena's arm. Haseena looked at Karishma with an admiring smile who had closed her eyes with a painful expression. Soon she opened her eyes and saw haseena staring at her with a smile. She ignored that with a blank face.

The nurse spoke again before leaving the room "Madam, patient ka khana aa gya hai, khila dena aap." Karishma shook her head only.

Karishma moved the trolley near her bed and adjusted its height according to Haseena and said in a cold tone "Uthiye khana kha lijiye."

Haseena looked at her stony expression with a poor face and just shook her head. Karishma supported her carefully by keeping a hand at her back and helped her sit in a comforting position. She adjusted the pillow at the back for her support. She herself sat on the bed edge and uncovered the food plate. Karishma looked at haseena who was looking at the plate full of oats with a disgusting expression on her face. Both of them didn't liked oats at all. But since it was a hospital, Karishma just forwarded a spoonful of oats towards haseena.

Haseena looked at her with pleading eyes. Karishma glared at her angrily and placed the spoon near her mouth without saying a single word. Haseena having no other options, opened her mouth and just swallowed it making weird faces. She made her finish the dinner completely & also made her drink some water.

She gets up silently and moves the food trolley back to its place and is about to make haseena lie down on the bed properly when haseena holds her wrist firmly with her right hand and requested in a sweet voice "Ab toh oats bhi kha liya humne Rishu ji, abhi bhi baat nahi karengi kya humse."

Karishma turned her face to the other side and removed her hand from her grip. Their attention was diverted when they heard a knock on the door. Karishma immediately got up from the bed. Haseena closed her eyes with a layer of disappointment on her face.

Billu entered the room with a lunch box in his hand & asked in a gentle tone "Madam sir, aap kaisi hain ab?"

Haseena said with a polite smile "Hum bilkul thik hai billu. Tum yaha?"