Chapter 52

The next four days, Haseena stayed in the hospital itself with Karishma all the time. Everybody else kept visiting Karishma in the day time. They all had lighthearted conversations with lots of laughter and leg pulling. Haseena made sure that no work related discussions take place in front of Karishma.

Karishma's condition was now stable but she would still take time to recover from the injuries completely.

Haseena smiled and laughed in front of everyone, especially Karishma but deep down she was still disturbed with the incident. Karishma's condition was making her feel guilty about that night. This was not something she can easily forget. Karishma had forgiven her without any complaints or holding any grudges against her irrational and rude behaviour of that day. This was pushing her more into the ocean of remorse. She knew how much Karishma loved her and it was obvious that she would never want her sad or remorseful. Haseena used to cry herself to sleep after Karishma slept.

It was not like Karishma was unaware of all this, but she was not able to have a meaningful conversation with Haseena here at hospital as someone or the other always kept interrupting and rest of the time she was under the influence of medications. However, she knew that the incident had left an impact on Haseena's mind and she was determined to erase all these bad memories from her life. She cracked silly jokes to make her laugh & she used to conceal her pain & discomfort to a large extent from Haseena, not to make her worry anymore.

On the fifth morning, Karishma woke up and found Haseena sleeping there keeping her head on the bed. She smiled in disbelief and caressed her head. Haseena opened her eyes with a jerk and quickly asked with a concerned face "Aap uth gayi. Kuch chahiye aapko..Dard kam hai ab, nurse ko bulaye kya?"

Karishma chuckled and said "Tweety kuch nahi chahiye humein aur dard bhi kam hai ab. Aap kahe itna load leti hain."

Haseena was about to say something when Jiya and Raj entered the room with a tiffin box. Jiya said mischievously "Rishu ji, Haseena load nahi legi toh duniya ruk nahi jayegi."

Karishma and Rajvir chuckled on hearing that while Haseena glared at them sharply. She looked at Karishma once and said with a forced smile "Badi hasi aa rahi hai aapko hai na."

Karishma shook her negatively suppressing her smile. Jiya kept the tiffin on the table nearby and said "Oye tu unko dhamka baad me Lena pehle nasta kar le."

Rajvir asked while sitting on the stool near the bed "Karishma madam, kaisi hain aap?"

Karishma smiled and answered "Bilkul first class."

Haseena said to jiya "Hum kha lenge thodi der me."

Jiya said with a firm tone "Rishu ji, aapki biwi ko boliye natak na kare aur kha le chup chap."

Karishma nodded with a smile and said "Kha lijiye na aap, kahe jiya ji se pange le rahi hain."

Haseena sat on the couch unwillingly and Jiya served her the breakfast. The wardboy entered the room and brings soup for Karishma. Haseena was about to get up from her breakfast but Karishma warned her "Pura kha kar hi uthengi aap. Hum dus minute baad khayenge to koi tufan nahi aa jayega."

Haseena looked at her with a stern face and said "Patient aap hain, hum nahi."

Jiya said with a casual tone "Baat to sahi hai. Ek kaam kar tu kha le. Unko soup main pila dungi."

Haseena quickly exclaimed "Nahiii."

Karishma and Raj looked at her with shock while Jiya smirked seeing her reaction. Karishma supported Jiya "Haseena, thik keh rahi hain woh, aap kha lijiye, itne dino se khud ko nazar-andaaz kar rahi hain, jiya ji hamari madad kar dengi."