Chapter 48

Haseena whispered in a weak voice "Shayad humein alag ho jana chahiye Karishma..!!"

Karishma's grip on her loosened with a jerk & her breath hitched. She thought she heard something wrong or she might be kidding. She said with a chuckle "Yeh koi mazak ka time nahi hai Tweety."

Haseena lifted her head from her chest and looked at her with teary eyes. Karishma could not find any hint of joke or sarcasm on her face. She wiped her tears cupping her face and said in a loving tone trying to calm her racing heart "Suniye, aap filhal ke liye so jayiye. Hum log kal baat karte hain. Sochte hain mil kar kuch."

Haseena pulled her closer through the collar and said in a serious tone with tears forming in her eyes "Hum mazak nahi kar rahe hai Karishma. Hamara rishta aapki jaan ke liye khatra hai. Hamare Mama pehle bhi hamari dono cousins ke partner ki honour killing me involved reh chuke hai. Police bhi koi action nahi le payi kyuki kabhi koi saboot hi nahi mila unke khilaf. Aur aapka humara rishta toh woh kabhi svikar nahi karenge. Unki nazron me aisa kuch exist hi nahi karta. Woh humein toh kuch nahi karenge, magar aap..aapke sath kuch galat kar baithenge. Aur aisa hum nahi hone de sakte. Hum khud ko marta hua dekh sakte hain, lekin aapko nahi."

Karishma said in an irked tone with disbelief "Aapka dimaag baura gaya hai kya. Kahe kar rahi hain aisi baatein. Zaruri nahi jo pehle hua woh abhi bhi ho. Aapse hum keh rahe hain na, kuch bhi nahi hoga aisa. Humlog kal ke kal kuch na kuch upaay dhundh lenge iske liye. Aap fikar mat kijiye."

Haseena got up from her lap and wiped her tears but again fresh tears formed in her eyes. She moved towards the wardrobe and took out her bag from it.

She started to take out her clothes and said with a panicked tone "Aap samajh nahi rahi hain Rishu."

Karishma too moved towards her and said getting pissed off at her "Aap nahi samajh rahi hai Haseena..Itni choti si baat ke liye itna bada faisla le rahi hain, woh bhi hum dono ki zindagi ka."

Haseena said looking at her with an unbelievable expression "Yeh choti si baat aapke liye hogi. Hamare liye nahi hai. Aapko kuch ho jayega to hum jee nahi payenge. Yeh rishta khatra hai aapke liye. Aur aapki salamati hamare liye sabse zaroori hai."

Karishma held Haseena's hand and stopped her from packing her things and said firmly "Kuch nahi kar payega woh humko. Aur Humne shaadi ki hai Haseena.. Jeevansathi ka wada hota hai dukh aur sukh me sath nibhane ka, na ki situations se darr kar rishta hi khatam kar dene ka."

Haseena's mind was too disturbed with the thought of losing Karishma. She was not in the state to understand anything and was doing whatever she could, just to keep Karishma away from all the danger. She knew Nadeem could go to any extent to harm Karishma in any possible way. She didn't realise how badly her decision and her harsh words which she is uttering in the fit of rage, could affect Karishma.

Haseena's anxious and panicked state, her uneven breaths and shivering body, everything made Karishma extremely worried for her. She was no longer concerned about the situation but only her Haseena, her Tweety, who was losing her sanity just by imagining the worst possibility in her mind.

Haseena's words were causing immense pain in her chest and she could hear her heart thumping loudly in her ears. Karishma could not imagine her leaving, not even in her wildest of dreams. She was cursing her stars for not letting her live in peace. The sight of Haseena's miserable state was totally unbearable for her. Tears had already drenched her face completely and she was wiping it with her sleeves.

Karishma spoke in a cracked voice joining her palms in front of Haseena "Please haseena, aap mat jayiye please, hum.."

Haseena held her hand quickly with tears and said crying profusely "Rishu, mat rokiye humein. Agar hum aapke sath rahe to aapko maar denge woh log. Aapse door chale jane se agar aapki jaan par aaya khatra tal sakta hai, toh hum peeche nahi hatenge isse bhi."