Chapter 57

Haseena cuts the cake with Karishma by her side. Their faces were sparkling with happiness and all others started to clap and sing for Haseena in a cheerful tone. Haseena first feeds the cake to her Ammi, pushpa ji and then to Karishma and rest of them. They too made her eat the cake while Jiya applied some cake on Haseena's nose and ran away laughing at her. Haseena ran behind her and started to chase her around the house with a cake piece in her hand.

All this while Karishma was gazing lovingly at Haseena who was acting like a carefree child & having fun with her best friend.

Everyone showed their gifts for Haseena like Jiya gifted her a book, santu gave a smart watch, Pushpa ji gifted a pair of earrings, ammi gave her a pendent while the boys - Cheeta, Raj & Billa collectively gifted her branded sunglasses.

Now everyone turned towards Karishma as it was her turn to give a birthday gift to Haseena. Karishma smiled nervously to which pushpa ji questioned her doubtfully "Aap sach me unka gift bhul gayi kya?"

Santu said dramatically "Hawww, Rishu di, ab to aapki pitayi pakki hai."

Karishma looked at her with an unbelievable expression while Haseena just smiled at her innocence. Everyone else suppressed their laughter.

Ammi interrupted before anyone could say something "Koi baat nahi beta, tune itni badi party di hai usko, aur kitne gifts degi."

Karishma smiled and said looking at Haseena "Nahi ammi, hum laaye toh hai gift unke liye. Par pata nahi unko pasand aayega ki nahi."

Haseena looked at her with a confused smile and said eagerly "Kya gift hai, batayengi tab to decide karenge na."

Karishma showed her finger "Bus ek minute dijiye." She went inside her room and came back with a file.

As Haseena looked at the file, she said in an upset tone "Ab yeh kya hai, ab aap jab koi file lekar aati hain na, Humein to Darr hi lagta hai."

Karishma smiled sheepishly while Jiya said in support of Karishma "Arey tu bhi kaisi hai, dekhe bina hi shuru ho gayi. Dekh toh le woh kya layi hain, fir bolna."

Haseena nodded half-heartedly and said "Dikhayiye.."

Karishma forwarded the file to her and started to stare at her with a hopeful smile.

Haseena read the papers and looked at Karishma with teary eyes who was trying to understand her reaction with hope. Ammi asked quickly "Aisa kya likha hai Haseena usme, humein bhi toh bata na."

Haseena tried to say "Woh ammi...", but tears rolled down her eyes and her voice choked.

Karishma came near her and wiped her tears with her sleeves and said with a sincerity in her voice "Ammi darasal Haseena pichli kayi saalon se Abbu ke naam par ek multi-speciality Hospital kholna chahti thi, jaha gareebon ka muft ilaaz hota ho sake. Magar uske liye unhe investors nahi mil pa rahe the. Humne haseena ko bina bataye pichle mahine kuch NGOs se baat ki thi aur ek do companies se bhi iss baare me baat ki thi. Aur ab uss hospital ke liye Humein investors mil gaye hain aur plot bhi finalise ho chuka hai. Aur unka kehna hai ki jitni jaldi ho sake humein iss par kaam shuru kar dena chahiye. Baaki kuch formalities thi, jo humne initiate karwa li hain. Agar Haseena haan kahengi to agle hafte se uska kaam shuru bhi ho jayega."

Everyone was looking at Karishma with a proud smile while Haseena was still in tears, finding words to express the gratitude and love. She could not believe that someone could really put this much of selfless effort just to turn their life partner's biggest dream into reality.

Karishma looked at her overwhelmed condition and held her hand firmly while taking her near Abbu's photo frame.

Then she said in a polite tone looking at his photo still holding Haseena's hand "Abbu, Hum..humara naam Karishma Singh hai aur hum aapki beti se bahot pyar karte hain, ye toh aap jaante hi honge. Aur Aapki beti ka yeh sapna hum sach karna chahte hain. Aapke naam se aspataal kholne me hum Haseena ka sath dena chahte hain. Aur aapke aur ammi ke aashirwad ke bina toh yeh sambhav nahi hai."