Chapter 46

Haseena entered thana in a good mood and everyone greeted her. She smiled and greeted everyone back.

She looked at Karishma's desk and asked "Karishma Singh nahi aayi kya ab tak?"

Just then Karishma entered thana and said from behind "Jai Hind Maddam sir, maaf kijiyega, wo humein thodi der ho gayi."

Haseena looked back at her and said "Jai hind Karishma singh. Magar aap toh humse pehle nikli thi?"

Karishma replied "Ji madam sir, woh hum raaste me ruk gaye the ek jagah. Kisi ka call aa gya tha."

Haseena shook her head and said "Acha.. koi baat nahi. Chaliye let's get back to work."

Haseena moved inside her cabin with a calm mind while Karishma walked towards her desk with thoughts - "Agar humne inko bataya ki inke Kans Mama ne humein milne bulaya hai, toh bahot jyada pareshan ho jayengi. Kal toh jaise taise ammi ne aur humne behla diya tha.  Aur nahi bataya toh bhi naraz hongi. Aisa karte hain ki hum jaate hi nahi hain. Waise bhi wo kuch ut-pataang baat hi karenge. To kya hi fayda hai ja kar."

Just then she received a text on her phone from a different number with the address and time along with a message "Der se aane wale log humein pasand nahi. Haseena ki bhalayi ki hi baat hai, aasha karte hain tum bagair kisi chalaki ke pahuch jaogi. Warna baaki tareeke aazmayenge toh Hamari bhanji ko badi takleef hogi."

Karishma kept her phone aside with an irked mind. Her phone received another text, but as soon as she saw the name, her irked face turned into a smiling one. The message read as "Kya baat hai Rishu ji, kiske vicharon me khoyi hain aap."

Karishma peeped into Haseena's cabin and saw her pretending to work, suppressing her smile. She smiled and typed a message "Koi hai bahot khaas..!"

Haseena read the message and looked back at Karishma with an affectionate smile. She again typed a message "Sab thik hai?"

Karishma read the message with a smile and typed "Pyar ka bukhar hai thoda thoda."

Haseena hid her face in her palm hiding her blushing smile and looked at Karishma, who winked at her teasingly.

Badnam came near Karishma's desk and disturbed her view, only to receive a deadly glare from her. Haseena chuckled at the cute frown on her face and got busy with her work.

.
.

In the afternoon, Karishma knocked on the door of Haseena's cabin. Haseena said looking at her "Aa jayiye Karishma Singh."

Karishma asked in a formal tone "Madam sir, humein ek zaruri kaam hai. Kya humein ek ghante ki leave mil sakti hai. Humne apna kaam bhi nipta liya hai."

Haseena replied with a calm tone "Ji mil toh sakti hai, magar uske pehle kya aap malihabad hit & run case ki report humein complete kar ke de sakti hain. Uski aage ki investigation honi baaki hai."

Karishma said "Madam sir, wo report tayyar hi hai. Bus Santu ko de rakhi hai kuch facts check karne ke liye, woh bus kuch hi der me aapko de jayegi."

Haseena nodded and smiled politely "Thik hai, aap ja sakti hain."

Karishma smiled back and left the cabin after greeting her. Before she could move towards her bike, she got a call.

She pulled out her phone and saw Haseena's name. She turned back and saw Haseena standing near the window with a smile. She picked up the call and said "ji madam sir, kuch aur kaam tha?"

Haseena said in a low voice looking at her with concerned tone "Lunch ka waqt ho gaya hai Karishma, kaam baad me nahi ho sakta kya?"

Karishma looked once at her watch and replied "Hum aa kar kha lenge. Bus ek ghante ki hi toh baat hai. Aap kha lijiyega magar time par. Hum aate hain."