Chapter 79

Haseena's name was called from the stage and she moved towards the stairs with a faint smile on her face and looked once towards the audience where her family was sitting and cheering for her with happy faces. But the most important person was missing, her Karishma was missing. This made her a bit upset, she thought to herself "Yeh Rishu kahan reh gayi, Award milne ka time ho gya. Tch.. humesha der kar deti hain."

She glanced once at Aadya who was looking at her with shiny eyes while being in Ammi's arms. A genuine smile crept on Haseena's face. CM gave away the award to Haseena and appraised her for all her recent achievements. Haseena politely smiled and thanked him. Whole MPT team, ammi and Jiya clapped for her joyfully. All this while Haseena's eyes were searching for someone else in the audience and she was very disheartened to realise that Karishma could not make it to the function on time, still unaware about the actual reason.

At the same time, there was a lot of chaos in the city due to the attacks on the three busiest places in lucknow. Karishma and her team rushed towards one of the places and sent other teams to other places of attack.

As they reached the spot with tensed faces, a constable came running outside the hazratganj metro station and informed Karishma and others "Andar jo log the unhe metro station ki security team ne pakad liya hai. 4 terrorists pakde gaye hain."

One of the officers in her team said "Aur baaki 2 metro stations me bhi itne hi terrorists the. Jinko koi bada nuksaan karne se pehle hi dhar liya gaya hai. Yeh sirf dehshat failane ke liye rachi hui saazish hai."

Karishma thinks for a while and then says with worry lines on her forehead "Nahi, yeh sirf dehshat ke liye nahi, hamara dhyaan bhatkane ke liye chali gayi sochi samjhi chaal hai. Dubey ji, function wale venue par Hamari team ko alert kijiye aur back up ke liye aur additional force bhejiye wahan. Hum sab ko waha abhi ke abhi pahuchna hoga."

Karishma immediately ran towards her bike and left for the function's venue hastily with a worried and tensed expression on her face. Her face had turned pale as if someone had snatched away her life from her and her mind was flooded with negative thoughts as she spoke with herself in a worried tone "Bholenath please hamari Haseena ko kuch mat hone dijiyega. Aadya aur baaki sab bhi honge wahan. Chahe toh hamari jaan le lijiye par please hamare apnon ko sahi salamat rakhiyega." She increased the speed of her bike with a very disturbed mind.

Here, as soon as Haseena got down from the stage and started to walk towards her MPT family, an officer came running to her and whispered the news about the series of attacks in the city, in a very low voice to avoid creating any panic among the people there.

Haseena was shocked to learn about all the happenings. She quickly picked up her phone and called Karishma in a hurry but she didn't pick up as she was driving her bike. Before she could do anything else there was a blast sound outside the auditorium where the function was organised and slowly a dense fog started to form inside reducing the visibility. The people started coughing due to the tear gas spreading rapidly inside the auditorium.

Haseena ran instinctively towards Aadya and took her into her arms covering her face with her pallu protecting her from the harmful gas and shouted in a professional tone "Team MPT apni apni positions le lijiye. Aur sabhi civilians ko yaha se safely bahar nikalna shuru kariye..jaldiii." All of them nodded understanding the severity of the situation & moved in different directions as instructed by their senior.

There was a big hall behind the auditorium and the security guards, police officials started to vacate the place and made all the civilians move towards the hall as attackers were trying to get inside from the main entrance. Firing sounds were intensified outside creating panic inside the auditorium and people started shouting with fear.

Haseena signalled Jiya to take Ammi with her safely towards that hall. Jiya nodded with assurance and Haseena too walked with them in a hurry embracing Aadya in her arms completely. As they reached the hall, Haseena handed over Aadya to Jiya and said "Tu dhyan rakhna aur yahi rukna."

Aadya was not ready to leave Haseena and was on the verge of crying and yelled forwarding her little arms towards Haseena "Mumma main bi." Haseena kissed her cheek and said in a loving tone "Mumma abhi aa rahi hain meri jaan, aapki Kismaa ko sath leke. Aap Jiyu mausi ke sath khelo tab tak."

Ammi held her hand worriedly and said "Haseena beta yeh sab kya ho raha hai, tu kaha ja rahi hai."

Haseena said in a assuring tone "Ammi aap pareshan mat hoyiye. Sab thik ho jayega. Jiya please!"

Jiya nodded understanding her gestures and took ammi and Aadya with her.

Haseena rushed outside and first moved towards the stage where CM and other government officials were present and quickly said indicating towards the hall "Sir, aap log please iss taraf aayiye."

Rajvir quickly came to Haseena and handed over her service revolver to her. She guided CM & his officials safely to the hall. Just then they heard a blast sound at the entrance and soon the attackers entered the auditorium while firing recklessly here and there. They threw a few grenades in random directions, gravely injuring many officers and constables.

Haseena and others quickly took their positions and Cheeta locked the hall from outside ensuring that no terrorist could enter the hall in any way. Santu, Pushpa ji and a few other constables stood outside the hall with their rifles, in order to provide additional safety for them.

Soon a group of masked men entered along with their leader Raka, Nadeem and Vikramjit. All were having guns in their hands and were frustrated finding the auditorium empty. Their plan was to kill as many people as they could, attending this function along with the government officials.

But to their disappointment, the security team and Haseena were very quick to react to the news and had safely evacuation the auditorium. This infuriated them and Raka signalled them to start firing on the police officers, and started to move towards the hall where  the civilians were hiding.

Nadeem's evil eyes were searching for his main target, Haseena and Karishma. He fired thrice in the air, making his ugly intentions clear to Haseena who was watching him with a disgusted look while hiding at her position. She re-adjusted the gun in her hand and aimed sharply at the uninvited guests.

This reckless shooting by the terrorists made the officers start the cross-firing on them. Cheetah and Rajvir also took their positions with loaded rifles and started to shoot fiercely at them. Haseena who was shooting the terrorists while being hidden behind the stage near a large glass window, signalled one of the officers to grab Raka from behind. She indicated that she will be providing him with the cover firing.

That officer nodded and moved cautiously in that direction saving himself from the firing going on. Vikramjit noticed the officer's movement and aimed at him but before he could press the trigger, Haseena shot him twice, making him fall to his death.

As soon as Nadeem saw his partner lying dead on the floor, his blood boiled in anger as he looked towards Haseena with a death glare. Haseena aimed her gun at him confidently staring at him in sheer anger. There were two more officers along with her and Rajvir standing next to her. Nadeem looked at Raka, who understood his motive and both shared an evil smirk.

Before Haseena could fire her gun, Raka signalled his man who threw a grenade after pulling out the pin near them. The grenade rolled down near them. It had hardly a few more seconds left before it exploded.

Haseena closed her eyes with uneven breaths. It was not that she was afraid of death. SHO Haseena Mallik can be afraid of nothing at all. But Rishu's Tweety was scared of leaving her Rishu alone. How on earth, her innocent Karishma will handle herself if something happens to her. This mere thought made Haseena skip her beats.

She held the locket in her neck that Karishma had given to her this morning before she left and remembered Karishma's words "Aapko hamari kasam. Aap yeh locket nahi utarengi. Aur har paristhiti me apna pura pura dhyan rakhengi bina kisi ki parwah kiye. Ammi ke liye, Hamare liye aur ab Aadya ke liye bhi aap jeene ki wajah hain. Yeh humesha yaad rakhiyega."

Haseena whispered in a dejected tone "So sorry Rishu!"

****

"Rach gaya hai meri nas nas mein meri Raaton ka zeher..

Mere suraj ko bula de zindagi ae zindagi."