Chapter 19

The next day Haseena woke up only to find herself sleeping in Karishma's room. She got up with a jerk and looked around the room to find her but she was not in her room. She remembered that last night she slept while Karishma was talking to her. She closed her eyes in disappointment & thought - "Yar.. hum beech conversation me kaise so sakte hain. Unki baat bhi adhuri reh gayi hogi kal. Tch..Aaj to wo ja bhi rahi hain."

She came outside only to find Malaika working in the kitchen. She asked her - "Malaika, Karishma kaha hain?"

Malaika answered -"didi toh Thane chali gayi kab ki..Bola aaj bahot kaam hai."

Haseena shook her head only in a downhearted way and went inside her room to get ready for Thana.

.
.

Haseena arrives at thana and finds everyone busy with their usual banter and Karishma attending a telephone call.
She coughed a bit to gain everyone's attention. Everybody greeted her and she moved towards her cabin. She looks at Karishma who smiles seeing her, she too smiled back and went inside her cabin.

A few hours later, a group of small kids of age group 4-5 years entered the thana with a person. Pushpa ji recognised him and said - "Arey aap sab aaj yaha kaise."

The man answered with a smile -"Darasal ye bacche Karishma madam se milne ki zidd kar rahe the. Aur hume pata laga ki wo kuch dino ke liye bahar ja rahi hain, to hum inhe yahi leke aa gye."

While the man was busy talking with pushpa ji, the kids went towards Karishma's desk shouting "Rishu dii" and surrounded her with happy faces. Karishma smiled widely at the kids and said - "Aley wah..ye kaun aaya hai aaj humse milne. Hamari puri badmash company aayi hai."

Haseena came out listening to the voice of the visitors outside and saw them surprisingly and asked curiously - Karishma Singh..Ye sab kya hai..Ye bacche kaha se aaye hain..?

Karishma replied with a smile getting up from her seat - "Jai hind Madam sir, ye bacche darasal paas ke hi ek orphanage me rehte hain..hum inse milne aksar jaate hain. Lekin aaj ye log humse milne aaye hain."

Karishma said this while opening her drawer and takes out a packet full of chocolates and started distributing among the kids. The kids started to eat happily and Karishma picked up a small boy in her arms and kissed his cheeks lovingly.

The boy said in his cute voice - "Rishuu mat karo na kissi.. Chocolate khane do"

Karishma smiles and again kissed his face saying - "Awle, aise kaise..hume bhi to meethi puppy milni chahiye na."

The boy kissed happily on her cheek. Everyone was watching this scene with a smile on their faces while Haseena was just smitten with this adorable side of Karishma's personality.

Karishma puts him down and after talking for a while with the kids, gives a signed cheque to the man as a donation for their orphanage.

The man said -"Thank you madam, aap jaise log aur ho duniya me to inn anath bacchon ki kismat sanwar jaye. Kitna kuch Kiya hai aapne inn bachon ke liye "

Karishma shook her head in no - "Inn bacchon ne hamare liye kya kiya hai, wo bus hum hi jaante hain. Aap dekhiye ki innhe kisi tarah ki koi Kami na rahe. Warna fauran hume batayiye."

He thanked her again and left thana along with all the kids.

After they left, Santu came and forwarded her hand in front of Karishma with a mischievous smile saying - "mujhe bhi chocolate chahiye."
Cheeta, Raj, pushpa ji and Billa, all did the same & said - "Hume bhi..!!"

Karishma looked at them raising her eyebrows in surprise but soon smiled and gave chocolates to them too.

As Karishma was returning to her desk, haseena asked from behind with a hopeful tone - "Humein nahi milegi chocolate Karishma Singh..?