Chapter 8

Haseena started thinking how will she arrange the money for the treatment if required as none of her cards had this much transaction limit and bank won't be working at this odd hour. Engrossed in such thoughts she tried calling Arshad once but he declined her call. She assumed he might be sleeping and sadly shook her head.

Just then Karishma comes back with a bottle of water and forwards it to Haseena. Karishma's phone started ringing, she pulled it out from her pocket to pick up the call and spoke - Haan Rajvir, baat hui usse..(with a pause) Bahot badhiya..hum tumhe bata denge agar zaroorat padi toh.

She sat beside Haseena on the bench and said - maddam sir..humne saara intezam kar liya hai..agar zaroorat padi to paise transfer ho jayenge hospital ko. Aap fikar mat kijiye bilkul bhi. Sab thik ho jayega.

Haseena looks at her in a surprised way wondering how she managed to understand & solve her problem so effortlessly without even showing that she has done any sort of favour.

Before she could say something to her, the Doctor came out, both of them went near him quickly. He said after looking at their tensed face - Relax, she's fine, heart attack nahi tha, kayi baar acid reflux ki wajah se bhi severe chest pain hota hai. Inke sath bhi wahi hua.. aaj raat ko unhe observation me rakhenge..Filhal humne unhe medicines di hain aur wo so rahi hain..aaplog kal subah unhe ghar leke ja sakte hain.

Both Haseena and Karishma heaved a sigh of relief. Karishma just sat on the bench with brim eyes and hid her face into her palm to calm herself down. Haseena noticed her actions & was really amazed at how a person who was a complete stranger for them a few days before can become so emotionally attached to them. Tears of happiness in her eyes were proof of how valuable ammi is for her & how pure hearted person she is.

She just sat beside Karishma and kept her hand on her shoulder, making Karishma turn her face to the other side while cleaning her teary eyes. She just nodded without looking back at Haseena.

After sometime pushpaji called Karishma to ask about her whereabouts as she didn't go to meet Aman & Karishma informed her about the incident in detail.

Pushpaji also spoke with Haseena assuring her that their MPT family is always there for her.

After the call disconnected, Haseena said apologetically - Maaf kijiyega..aapko kahi jana tha aur aapko yaha aana pad gaya.

Karishma said with a little hurt tone - aapko aisa lgta h ki wo jyada zaroori
tha hamare liye..ammi se bhi jyada.

Haseena saw her face with a visible hurt expression and said immediately - nahi aisa nhi hai bilkul bhi.. Humne to bus yun hi keh diya..maaf kijiye hume.

Karishma just nodded looking at her poor face. Haseena added looking at the time - Waise aap ghar chali jayiye, thak gayi hongi. Hum hai yaha par.

Karishma said with a casual tone- Nahi Maddam Sir hum ab kal subah ammi ko yaha se discharge karane ke baad hi jayenge...hum ghar jake bhi kya hi karenge.

Haseena knew that there is no point of arguing on this so just agreed by nodding.

.
.

After a while, Haseena who was taking a nap in sitting position due to tiredness woke up and didn't found Karishma beside her on the bench. She took out her phone to call her while thinking - abhi to bola ki ghar nahi jayengi..fir kaha chali gayi.

As she was about to dial her number, she saw Karishma coming with two paper cups of chai and some food item wrapped in an aluminium foil. She was somehow holding all these in her hands while talking with someone on the phone balanced between her ear and shoulder with an irritated expression. A smile unknowingly crept on Haseena's face as soon as she saw her.

Karishma burst out on the person in a low voice - Ama oo..aadhi raat ko tumhe credit card bechne ki duty di kisne hai. Rakho phone abhi ke abhi.

As she reached near the bench Haseena took the cups from her hand. Karishma unwrapped the foil by saying - maddam sir dekhiye sandwich ekdum garam hai aap kha lijiye. Dinner nahi kiya hai na aapne, aur kuch mila nahi hume yaha ke canteen me aapke khane layak.

Haseena says with a complaining tone - Aap yun bina bataye chali gayi thi, hum to bus aapko call hi karne wale the.

She kept the cups between them on the bench between them and took the sandwich from her hand while saying - waise dinner hum dono ne nahi kiya hai toh aap bhi khayiye.

Haseena then started eating as she was hungry for long hours. Karishma smiled looking at her and unwrapped the other one for herself. As she just took a bite, a nurse came towards them & said while forwarding a paper- ye kuch aur medicines hai..neeche medical store hai.. please mangwa lijiye.

Before Haseena could take it, Karishma kept aside her sandwich while cleaning her hand & took the paper from the nurse.

She said - Maddam sir, hum abhi lekar aate hai aap khayiye aaram se warna chai aur sandwich thande ho jayenge.

She didn't even wait for Haseena's response and left from there. Haseena just looked at her with disbelief as she again disregarded her food. She took her sandwich and wrapped it with foil, also covered her cup with a spare foil piece to keep it warm.

Karishma came back after sometime and handed over the medicines to the nurse and got seated beside Haseena again. Haseena gave her an intense look. Karishma looked at her with confusion & asked - Kya hua maddam sir..

Haseena said with a serious tone - kaun maddam sir. Ye thana nazar aa rha hai aapko..Naam hai hamara, Usse bulayiye.

Karishma gave her a puzzled look, while haseena said sternly- Aise mat dekhiye, ye thana nahi hai aur na hum aapke senior hai yaha par..to kyu khud ka khana chhor kar hamara kaam krne me daud bhaag kar rahi hai. Hum bhi to ja sakte the na.

Karishma said innocently - par humne kab kaha ke aap senior hain isiliye hum ye sab kar rahe hai. Hum to bus..

Haseena glared at her again making her quiet, so she picked up her sandwich and began eating obediently with a poor face.

As she finished eating, Haseena looked at her with a soft grin and said - Ye hui na baat. Jab aap ek pariwar ke sadasya ki tarah musibat me sath khadi ho sakti hai..to fir senior-junior wali formality bhul ke, hume naam se bulaya kariye off duty jaise ke kuch der pehle bulaya tha.

Karishma nodded with a smile & said - ji koshish karenge maddam sir

Haseena said in a stubborn way - Haseena..

Karishma said in a giving up way - Acha baba..haseena..happy.

Haseena said while pulling her cheeks in excitement - very happy.. Karishma Singh..nhi sirf Karishma.

Both smiled happily on their newly found dynamic of their not-so formal relationship while looking at each other with affection.

.
.

Next morning Haseena's sleep was disturbed with the noise in the hospital corridor. She opened her eyes to find herself laying on the bench covered properly with a jacket while Karishma was sleeping in a sitting position on the floor with her hands crossed near her chest & her head resting on Haseena's legs while her back taking support of the bench.

Haseena got up slowly while keeping the jacket under her head to make her a bit comfortable and removed her legs carefully. She observed her tired face closely and couldn't resist herself from caressing her head softly with a tender smile. Karishma opened her sleepy eyes as she felt the affectionate touch on her head & quickly got up while saying with a guilty tone - maaf kijiyega maddam sir.. Hamara matlb hai Haseena.. pata nahi kab hamari aankh lag gyi thi. Ammi thik hai.

Haseena looked at her with an unbelievable smile and signalled her to calm down saying - Koi baat nahi..hum bhi bus abhi uthe hai.. aayiye ammi se mil lete hain.

Karishma nodded with a relaxed breath & both of them entered inside the room.

"टूटे हैं इस क़दर कि छूते ही बिखर जाएंगे..

ए हमदर्द हम तेरी ही हथेलियों को चुभ जाएंगे"

*Please ignore the grammatical mistakes.