Chapter 6

After their duty got over haseena and Karishma reached home after an exhausting day. Karishma was preparing something in the kitchen while Haseena came out of her room after changing into casuals. She tried to initiate a conversation so she coughed a bit but Karishma seemed to be unaware of her presence as she went to pick up an oil container placed in the upper shelf. Haseena thought she might be upset because of today's incident so she tapped on her shoulder from behind, just as she did that Karishma turned back with a jerk and the oil container slipped from her hand causing oil spilled all over the floor. As Karishma saw haseena standing there, she pulled out her ear buds and turned off the music and smacked her forehead.

Karishma said with a bit irked tone - Tch Maddam sir..aise bhooton ki tarah kaun aata hai. Abhi hume heart attack bus aa hi gaya tha.

Haseena said apologetically with a poor tone - Hume laga aap naraz Hain isliye baat nahi kar rahi..humne awaz bhi di thi aapko par aapne hi nahi suna. Hum..

As she tried to move a step towards Karishma while talking her leg slipped, Karishma tried to hold her hand to prevent her from falling directly & was somewhere successful but she could not maintain her hand's grip for long due to oil and haseena fell down on the floor but this time not that badly. All her clothes were now covered with oil and haseena gave a poor look to Karishma.

Karishma somehow managed to control her laughter after seeing her condition and said - Aap thik toh hai..jyada to nahi lagi.

Haseena gave her a stern look and said with an irked tone- aap bacha nahi sakti thi hume..saare kapde kharab ho gye hamare. Upar se hum par has rahi hain aap.

Karishma suppressed her smile and said - Maddam sir..humne koshish to ki thi na par ye Tel ki wajah se aapka wajan nahi sambhal paye aur aap..Aap gir gayi.

She now started laughing out loud uncontrollably. Haseena glared at her sharply while trying to get up but winced in pain holding her leg - Ouch..!!

Karishma's laughter disappeared in a second and she tried to move towards Haseena for helping in a hurry but instead she also slipped & fell with a loud sound beside Haseena, hit her elbow on the floor.

Haseena says in a worried tone - Arey Sambhal kar.

Both looked at each other & burst out laughing. After sometime Karishma composed herself and tends to haseena's foot and asked in a soft tone- Kaha par lagi hai. Rukiye ek minute.

She carefully got up holding the shelf herself wincing in pain and picked up a flour container and spread it across the floor. Then moved towards haseena while looking at her with concern-filled eyes. They had a small eye lock. Karishma forwards her hand & looks at her seeking permission. Haseena just nodded & held her hand. Karishma made her stand carefully by putting her one hand around her waist and managed to take her to the couch in the hall and made her sit comfortably.

Karishma pulls out the pain killer spray from the drawer and sits on the floor near haseena's legs and goes to hold her foot.

Haseena stopped her by saying - Kya kar rahi hain aap uthiye please. Hum khud kar lenge Karishma Singh.

Karishma says with a calm tone in order to make her comfortable - Kuch nahi hota maddam sir aap paon idhar kijiye. Dekhne to dijiye kitni lagi h.

She assured Haseena and gently held her foot and applied the spray carefully. Karishma was about to get up for keeping the spray back when haseena took the spray from her hand and made her sit on the couch beside her. She held her hand and applied the spray near her elbow and said with seriousness evident in her voice - kabhi kabhi khud par bhi dhyan dena chahiye waise.

Karishma could not reply for a moment just looking at haseena with admiration, then shook her head in an understanding way.

After changing their clothes they came back to the dining area for having dinner. Haseena served the dinner on their plates and both of them started eating while her phone rang with an unknown caller. She picked it up and put it on speaker.

Caller - hey, haseena ji.. main arshad baat kar raha hun..aapki ammi ne shayad aapko hamare baare me bataya hoga.

Haseena spoke to herself with irritation - ammi yaar..
Karishma heard that and gives a teasing smile to haseena while saying with low voice - waah naya umeedwaar. Haseena looks that with a poor face and replies to the caller - Ji ji..Hum abhi zara masruf hain arshad ji.. aapse kal baat karte hain.

She cuts the call and gave a look to Karishma who was smiling at her situation. Then asked her - aap humse naraz nahi hain.

Karishma got confused & asked - hume kyu naraz hona chahiye tha aapse.

Haseena reminded - Humne Jo thana me aapko kaha..

Karishma understood what she was going to say, so she cut her sentence in between & interrupted with a casual tone- Maddam Sir..Thane ki baat hai wo..Usko Thane tak k hi rehne dete hai na.

Haseena nodded in agreement with a smile. They both finished their dinner and were cleaning the kitchen while having some conversation in between.

Just then the door bell rang, they looked at the time and Karishma went to open the door. Haseena came out of the kitchen.

They saw Arshad standing at the door with a bouquet. Haseena smacked her forehead while Karishma looked back at Haseena with a 'not again' expression and said - Maddam sir..apko nahi lagta apke biodata me ammi ko aapki allergy wali baat bhi daal deni chahiye.

Haseena gives her an annoying look and goes near the door & says - Arshad aap iss waqt yaha kya kar rahe hain. Hum kal baat karne wale the na aapse..

Karishma senses her anger and cuts her off in the mid of her sentence - Koi baat nahi ab aap aa hi gaye hai toh andar aa jayiye. Bus ye bouquet hume de dijiye unko allergy hai isse.

She took the bouquet and kept it aside.
Arshad smiled and came inside and sat on the couch while Haseena gave a disappointed look to Karishma, who just made a poor face.

Haseena takes a deep breath and she comes near the couch and while Arshad said politely - Maaf kijiye par jab humne call kiya tha tab hum yahi paas me the. Aapki ammi ne address diya tha. Toh socha ek baar mil lete hai.

Haseena smiled a bit formally and sat on the couch while Karishma said - aap log baatein kijiye hum aate hai.

Haseena gave her a denying look, so Karishma assured her through signal that she's in the kitchen only.

After sometime Karishma who was cleaning the dishes just thought to peep into the hall. She saw them having a good conversation while Haseena's formal smile has now become a genuine one. She too smiled seeing her laugh happily. Arshad might have cracked a joke or something. He seemed to be decent guy. With his dressing sense and expensive accessories, it looked like he belongs to a rich family. Karishma's thoughts were interrupted by their laughter sounds.

She quietly moved inside her bedroom and just lay down on her bed with closed eyes and her legs hanging down the bed. Haseena's laughter was still echoing in her ears, which made her smile from the heart. Soon she drifted off to sleep struggling with her new unknown feelings, as she really had a tiring day.

"इश्क़ हो रहा है तुमसे..क्या किया जाए,

रोक लें ख़ुद को, या फ़िर होने दिया जाए"