Chapter 43

It has been two weeks since that incident and haseena has recovered well. She was now able to walk properly and her hand's cast was to be removed by the next week. All this while Karishma took good care of her, but was still not talking to her properly. She spoke professionally only with the MPT members too. Not even once she had smiled or talked freely. This behaviour of Karishma was now making Haseena restless and concerned.

Karishma was ignoring everything and everyone, not being able to express how she was feeling. Haseena's accident was not something she could easily forget. She was somewhere blaming herself and her irrational behaviour for all this.

Haseena could notice the guilt in her eyes which amused her at times, as she was expecting Karishma to atleast scold her for everything but even that was not happening.

In the afternoon, Pushpaji entered the thana with santu with a dull face. Karishma was working on her desk and noticed this but didn't say anything. Santu made her sit on the chair and said in a concerned tone "Pushpa ji main aapke liye paani la dun?"

Cheeta, billu & raj came near them & Rajvir asked quickly "kya hua pushpa ji, aise thaki hui lag rahi hain aap."

Santu informed in a concerned tone "Pushpaji ke ghutno me dard hai isiliye aur thoda thak bhi gayi hain field duty pe."

Karishma who was listening to them carefully said quickly getting up from her chair in a concerned way "Ghutno me dard tha toh field duty pe kyu gayi aap pushpa ji?"

Haseena who was working in her cabin also came outside hearing Karishma's words and asked in confusion "Kya hua pushpa ji?"

Santu informed the same to haseena while Karishma moved towards pushpa ji and sat on her knees in front of her and forwarded her a glass of water with a worried look on her face. Pushpa ji looked once at Haseena who was gently smiling and then at Karishma who completely forgot that she was mad at her. She drank water from her hand with teary eyes and a small smile.

As soon as Karishma looked at Pushpaji's tears, she herself got teary-eyed unknowingly. She quickly cupped her face and asked in a soft tone "Amma, aapko dard ho raha tha toh kyu nahi bataya humein, chaliye abhi chalte hain doctor ke paas."

Pushpaji was overjoyed listening to the word Amma from her mouth after so long and she just hugged her tightly while sobbing. Karishma hugged her back lovingly and started to caress her back out of concern uttering "Amma, aap royiye mat na please. Batayiye na humko kya hua. Jyada dard ho raha hai kya."

Pushpa ji couldn't speak for a while so just shook her head in no. Karishma was tensed on seeing her cry like that.

Everybody else got emotional after watching pushpa Ji's emotional outburst. Santosh could not control herself and she too joined them by hugging Karishma from behind like a small kid with teary eyes and said "Sorry Rishu di.. please maaf kar do na. Kitna gussa rahoge aap."

Karishma understood the reason behind them crying inconsolably. She looked around her and saw everybody else in tears. Haseena had turned her face to the other side to hide her brimming eyes, but she could comprehend that she was also crying.

She was guilt-ridden realising that she had caused this much of hurt and pain to her loved ones in her anger. She understood that she had unnecessarily dragged this topic for so long & made them suffer. She immediately pulled santu to the front and embraced both pushpa ji and Santu in her arms tightly with tears. She said in an apologetic tone "Humein maaf kar dijiye. Humein aap sab se aise naraz nahi hone chahiye tha."

She broke the hug and kissed santu on her head making Santu smile wholeheartedly instantly forgiving and forgetting all the complaints.

Karishma held her ears looking at Pushpaji "Amma, aap bhi humko maaf kar dijiye na please."