Chapter 49

Jiya picked up the call and put it on speaker. Rajvir spoke in a hurry "Jiya..madam sir kaha par hain, unka phone busy aa rha tha. Unko phone do na jaldi."

Jiya moved the phone near Haseena and she said quickly "Haan Rajvir..hum yahi boliye..kuch pata chala?"

Rajvir said "Madam sir.. Karishma madam fir se headlines me hain. Unhone Gomti nagar Thane ke under aane wali Nadeem Khan ki illegal sharab ki factory par gomti nagar police chowki ki team ke sath milkar raid daal di hai. Police aur uske admiyon ke beech jabardast jhadap aur firing hui hai aur Nadeem Khan ko Range hathon dhar liya gaya hai. Isse jyada toh waha pahuch kar hi pata lagega. Main cheete ke sath nikal raha hun waha ke liye..aap sab bhi jaldi pahuchiye."

Haseena and Jiya shared a worried look with each other and immediately rushed inside and switched on the television. Pushpa ji asked "Kya hua, kuch pata chala kya."

News on television screen flashes "Lucknow ke sabse bade construction company ke maalik Nadeem Khan ka bhandafod, pichle kayi saalon se illegal alcohol ke business ko kar rahe the operate. Lucknow ki dabang SI Karishma Singh ki sujh bujh aur bahaduri se unki yeh asliyat saamne aa payi hai. Jaise hi police team factory pahuchi, Nadeem Khan ke aadmiyon ne un par firing shuru kar di. Phir police ne jawabi karwayi ki aur unhe dhar dabocha. Sutron ki maane toh Hamle me Gomti nagar Thane ke SHO Vijay Kumar ki jaan bachane ki koshish me SI Karishma Singh gambhir roop se ghayal ho gayi hain aur sath me do constables bhi zakhmi ho gaye hain. Medical team ghatna-sthal par pahuch rahi hain. Media ki entry abhi restricted hai toh aage ki suchna nahi mil payi hai."

Everybody was shocked and shared a worried look with each other while Haseena was just thunderstruck as she heard the news. Her heart was pounding while her mind was flooded with negative thoughts. All she wanted was her Karishma to be safe and sound in front of her eyes and the news of Karishma getting gravely injured was enough to scare her to death. Her body started to shiver as the panic surged through her with great intensity.

Her mind got some clarity when she heard Ammi's voice. Ammi exclaimed in fear with teary eyes "Haseena, yeh log kya bol rahe hain..Tu jake dekh na."

Pushpa Ji's eyes brimmed with tears and her condition was nothing different from Haseena's. She said in a panicked tone "Santu, madam sir..chaliye chalte hain."

Jiya shook Haseena a bit, looking at her miserable state and said in a hurry "Haseena, humein nikalna hoga..Tu aise karegi, toh baaki log kya karenge. Chal..!!"

Haseena wiped her tears with her shivering hands and said gathering some strength "Sa..Santu, tum hamare sath chalo. Amma aap aur ammi yahi rukiye. Hu..humlog waha ja kar call karte hain aapko. Kuch..kuch bhi nahi hoga unko."

She immediately picked up her jeep keys and rushed outside without wasting a second. Jiya told the ladies to stay calm and assured that she will be with Haseena all the time and will inform them about the situation. Santu and Jiya both left the house hurriedly behind Haseena.

.
.

Santu was driving the jeep considering the perturbed state of Haseena. Jiya was sitting in the back seat, while haseena was just looking outside the window with a restlessness visible on her face. Her palms were getting sweaty and she was taking deep breaths in order to keep herself sane for the sake of Karishma.

As soon as they reached the factory, Haseena ran towards the entrance where ambulances had arrived and multiple police officers have reached the site. She saw Nadeem Khan and his people being taken to a closed police van.

Haseena overheard the conversation of a few constables present there.

One constable spoke "Aaj apne Vijay sir toh marte marte bache hain.."