Chapter 80

At that moment, Haseena and others had accepted death as their fate. But before something unfortunate could have happened, they heard a loud cracking sound of the glass and they turned back only to find Karishma jumping inside the window with a few other officers behind her.

Karishma came like a ray of hope and within a fraction of a second, tensed environment changed into an optimistic one, as she picked up the grenade not caring about herself and without wasting any time she threw it towards the opposite direction. The next moment it exploded near Nadeem & Raka with a loud sound. As the smoke & flames settled down a bit, they saw Nadeem, Raka and most of their men lying on the ground either dead or unconscious after getting badly injured due to the deadly explosion.

Karishma quickly turned towards her team and asked "Aap sab log thik hain na Madam sir?"

Her eyes met with Haseena, who was looking at her with a surprised smile. She scanned her body for any external injuries and took a deep breath after realising that Haseena is fine. Haseena blinked her eyes in assurance, after reading the concern & worry in Karishma's eyes.

The rest of the terrorists got terrified with the scene and started to find the way to escape from there and in order to do that they started the firing again while rushing towards the exit door.

The officers who entered the auditorium with Karishma also took their positions and everyone kept slowly moving towards them, cross firing against those terrorists. The back up force had already arrived and they were standing just outside the exit doors to block any possible way for their escape. This was the dead end for those terrorists and they have also realised the fact that their plan had misfired and this mission had turned into a kind of suicidal attack for them only. Their leaders were already lying dead on the floor or pretending to do so!

Nadeem Khan was injured head to toe but was still alive & blinded with hatred and vengeance. He was just waiting for the right opportunity to retaliate before he succumbed to his fatal injuries. He got that opportunity as he watched everyone distracted by the attack from the front side. Everyone was facing their back towards him, busy in the counter-attack & assuming him as dead.

Haseena was standing behind Karishma, so he picked up a revolver lying next to him and aimed at Haseena after standing up with much difficulty.

Here the firing got intensified between the terrorists and the police team as they had almost reached at the end of the auditorium. The terrorists rushed out of the door continuously shooting at them and one of their bullets brushed Karishma's right leg making her flinch in pain. The rest of the police team chased the terrorists outside, where the back up force was already waiting for them.

Karishma bends a little to check on her wound and stumbles a little. Haseena who was just behind her, shouted in an extremely worried tone, looking at blood oozing from her leg injury "Karishma Singh sambhal ke." She hurriedly moved towards Karishma who was standing at some distance from her.

Hearing her voice, Karishma turned towards her to assure her but was left horrified to find Nadeem Khan standing behind Haseena and aiming at her with his gun. All colours faded away from her face and she felt as if someone has snatched away her breaths.

Karishma at once ran towards her frantically with skipped heart beats, disregarding her injured leg and yelled in a loud voice "Madam sir..!!"

Haseena was standing just a few steps away from her but each step felt like a mile for her and Karishma's mind started to play some flashbacks at the back of her mind and many familiar conversations echoed in her ears in Haseena's voice, while her eyes remained fixed on Haseena and Nadeem who was about to press the trigger, pointing his gun at Haseena. She too pointed her gun at Nadeem.