Avalanche of Feelings (3)

I went home alone that day. I... I... I no longer know what to say! I mean, no matter how I looked at it, Hanzo was definitely not the type to hit on a guy. I mean... I mean... he is a guy... who is... straight...

I stopped on my tracks and held my chin, trying to recall if there were even small hints before that would be a sign of Hanzo's true identity.

He never talked about girls before. I never suspected that because he was just aloof and was never the type to do casual conversations with the opposite gender. Well, he does have a group of male friends which he would sometimes bring home so they could play games... wait... were they only playing games? Or were they doing something else?

I held my cheeks that started to burn just by thinking of those silly things. No! No! Hanzo wouldn't like a guy! But... But... what happened just a moment ago...

"Could—"

A whack suddenly landed at the back of my head and when I looked behind, Hanzo was there with his book in his hand.

He heaved a sigh before walking past me.

"I don't like guys," he stated, "your imagination really runs wilder than anyone."

I took long strides to be able to walk beside him and replied, "But what was that a while ago? I mean, I saw you kissing—"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Hanzo held both of my cheeks with one hand and tried to clumped them together. My lips pouted and all I could do was glare at him.

"Reet me gwo!(Let me go!)"

"I didn't kiss him, stupid." He let me go and started walking ahead once more so I just followed while rubbing my aching cheeks.

"He was warning me not to get involved with his girlfriend," he continued.

My eyes widened and since I was so, so curious, I looked at him with puppy eyes.

"You mean, you like Kagura?" If I show him my puppy eyes, he might answer my question. It was always effective during our childhood and I hope it'd work.

But all I got was him grabbing my face and covered my sight.

"She is simply a classmate and one of the members in our group for research."

But that wasn't the answer to my question. I managed to get away from his grasp and looked at him with suspicious eyes.

"You didn't answer my question, Hanzo," I stated, making him wear a sour look.

So I guess, he does like Kagura. That kinda hurts because Kagura has Hayabusa. And my chest also kinda stings with that in mind.

I turned my back on him and walked ahead. Looking up to the clear blue sky, I wonder if my feelings would only remain to be known by me, or would it be okay to tell him? But we're cousins. If someone hears about it, some bad rumor would surely spread.

And that is something I do not want to happen.

"Quit making a depressed look," he suddenly said and pushed me by holding my back. "Drop by for some pancakes."

My eyes suddenly lit up and my mood changed drastically. I mean, he is going to make some pancakes for me only. Who wouldn't want that, right?!

"Yeah! Let's get going!"

Running towards the house of Aunt Myrna, I couldn't help but think that I should just keep my feelings to myself. I don't want to ruin my current relationship with Hanzo. I'd rather have a friendship than losing him for good.