Joker's Casino

"So all we have to do for now is infiltrate the casino and find out who the real owner is?" Lylia asked her partner, Nana.

The pink-haired woman who was a bit shorter than her nodded in response. They were hired by a prosecutor to enter in the famous gambling center named Joker's Casino whose real owner was unknown. They suspected that some illegal matters were being done inside, thus, an infiltration was the best solution to find proof.

"Can't we just search in the internet? And are you sure we aren't going to use some kind of disguise?" Lylia pouted, feeling unmotivated at all. Nana rolled her eyes at her suggestion.

"One of the employees slipped while we were happily chatting and told me that Harith is only an acting CEO. She suddenly realized her mistake so I did not manage to know the name of the real CEO. And no disguise since it is our very first time to come in this faraway city," Nana stated while prepping herself before they could enter the grand casino.

Lylia let her hair flow down to her shoulders and her elegant, purple dress fell until her ankles. She paired it with two-inches high heels and for the important prop, she used a golden necklace where the concealed microphone was. As for Nana, she used a sky blue yukata since she resembled that of a Japanese woman. Instead of a necklace, her secret microphone was located at the flower hair clip she used. All prepped up, the two got out and drove to Joker's Casino.

"I wonder how much they spent just for us to access the VIP floor," Lylia muttered as they walked towards the entrance on a red carpet. The first floor seemed to be an ordinary lobby like the expensive hotels out there but when they were escorted to the fifth floor, it was like a different place.

Rich men and women littered the room while holding a glass of champagne on one hand. They were laughing as they gamble on the tables filled with cards and chips.

The two decided to split up so they could gather information. On one table at the farthest corner of the room, Lylia noticed some tension so she grabbed one glass of wine from a passing waiter and headed to that table. Few women were gathered around and so, she tried to fit in.

"My, the game is on its peak," she commented which immediately caught the attention of one lady.

"It surely is," she agreed, "it is a bit hard to witness this kind of intense game here in the outside circle."

Puzzled by her comment, Lylia questioned her, "Outside circle?"

The lady whose face was covered with thick makeup smiled at her with a small nod. She pulled Lylia away from the gaming table and they settled near the glass window.

"It seems that it is your first time to be here," she smiled but her gaze changed. It suddenly felt like she could see through Lylia's facade with her sharp stare.

Not wanting to blow up her cover, Lylia responded with a giggle, "Not really the first time but the third. I am new here, I only accompanied my beloved fiance so he could have some fun before our marriage."

Lylia wished so hard that the woman would bite her lie and would not see her as suspicious.

"I see, that makes sense," the woman stated before sipping her champagne. Looking outside the window, she started to speak.

"I am also with my husband today but he has gone in the inner rooms where only limited people are allowed to enter. I do not know the exact details but he only told me that inside the inner circle of this casino, the richest men and women bet on millions during the game. I am worried that if my husband loses, we'll end up having a butt load of debt."

Lylia did not know what to say so she simply patted her by the shoulder.

"Honestly," the woman continued, "I know who you are, miss agent."