Avalanche of Feelings (5)

Hanzo didn't say a thing. He simply turned away from me as if avoiding eye contact. I was about to stop him from leaving so I could ask his reason as to why he did such a thing, but he slapped my hand away.

"I know that you know better than anyone that you did the wrong thing," I said before leaving first.

Of all the people he had to kiss, why did it have to be someone who was in a relationship?

After that incident, Hanzo and I didn't talk to each other at all. I did visit their house but not a single word was spoken between us. It was not because I hate what he did but I just couldn't find the words to say.

"Hanabi, can we have a talk?"

Never did I think that Kagura would suddenly approach me and ask such a request. And judging from her avoidance of eye contact, I could tell that it was something about the incident the other day. Heaving a sigh, the two of us went to the rooftop of the university to make sure that no one was listening to whatever we're about to discuss.

"About the other day..." Kagura paused.

I faced her and from the very beginning, I didn't plan on being nice to her.

"If you're going to apologize, answer my question instead."

Kagura finally lifted her gaze and met with my eyes. She clenched her fists but there was no hint of anger in her eyes. Could it be that she was trying to gather some courage?

Nevertheless, I asked, "Do you like Hanzo?"

Without sparing another second, Kagura shook her head in response.

"No, no, I don't like him. About the kiss, I... I was just caught up in the moment but it meant nothing else."

"Then, make sure not to repeat such action. That didn't only jeopardize your relationship with Hayabusa but also made it hard to talk with my cousin."

After saying that, I already left. Even if I get mad at her, it would bring me no good, and what happened had already been done. And making this issue bigger would not help at all, I just hope that it won't happen again.

Returning to my classroom, I bumped into Hanzo, who seemed to be also heading to his last class. He didn't say a thing or even spared a glance at me as if I was nothing but a stranger to him.

If we keep being like this, it would only separate us further. Before he could walk away, I turned on my heels, and clenching my fist, I jabbed at his back. Maybe I had hit him harder than I thought since he dropped his things.

I almost puked my heart out when I saw his triangular ruler. I remember that it was a must-have in his class and if it ever gets broken, I'll have to pay it with my life because Hanzo would be more than infuriated. Ignore the fact that we were in a fight. He'll become a damn demon if that thing was broken.

"Oh sh**!" I gasped. Should I run away? No, no, no, he'll run after me for sure. But if I stay, I'd die without making up with him!

But when he picked it up, it was still intact and there was no sign of it being broken.

Holding my chest with so much relief, I mumbled, "I'm safe."

Hanzo stood and faced me with his eyes staring daggers at me. Okay, he was still mad despite his things being safer than I thought.

"Don't go ignoring me, jerk." Instead of apologizing, I returned his glare. If I show that I was afraid of him, then it would look like he won and I won't let that happen!

"It was you who refused to speak to me, as a matter of fact."

"It was you who was avoiding me! It was because you still do not have an answer to my question, ain't it?!"

Instead of an immediate reply, Hanzo heaved a sigh before rummaging through the pocket of his pants.

"Meet me at the school gate after your class."

He handed me a ticket and headed to the opposite of the hallway. Curious at what it was, I checked it and it was a movie ticket.

A smile crept at the edges of my lips because I know that he will be explaining himself before this day ends.

(A/N: I apologize again for not being able to update DAWN AT THE WILD RIFT. I needed to do some research first before completing the upcoming chapters so it is delayed until now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! Please be safe and healthy so we could all meet the new year together!)