How Love Blossomed (2)

(Warning: This story is a BxB pairing so if this isn't your cup of tea, proceed to the next story.)

After the incident at the nurse's office, Harith had avoided Harley in every possible way. It was as if Harley was that flu virus he didn't ever wanna catch.

And of course, his actions were noticed by the blonde and it thrilled him. He'd purposely stand outside the classroom of Harith and makes himself stand out. If given the chance, he'd stare at him as if he was the most glorious creation he had ever beheld.

"Harith, tonight's my mom's birthday, would you like to have dinner with us?" Nana asked. Her fingers were fidgeting in nervous and she'd avert her eyes from him once in a while due to embarrassment.

"Sure thing," Harith responded. It made Nana happy, of course.

Harley, on the other hand, heard their conversation and turned his back on them as he headed back to their classroom with a smirk curved at the edge of his lips.

Right after class, Harith told Nana that he'd go to their house later for the reason that he wanted to at least, buy a present for her mother. Thus, Nana went home first. However, just at the school gate, Harley was on his bicycle waiting for Harith.

He didn't announce his presence when Harith left the campus, instead, he followed him behind until they reached the nearby cake shop.

Pretending to be a customer, Harley entered and acted as if his encounter with him was simply a coincidence.

"Here's a quick question, feline," he stated as he stood beside Harith, "is that short-haired girl your girlfriend?"

Annoyed at his presence, Harith quickly replied, "No."

However, his reaction urged the blonde to continue teasing him. He still followed him outside the shop and before the silver-haired guy could hop onto his bicycle and leave the most annoying guy he ever met, Harley put his arm around him.

"If she ain't your girlfriend, then you can bring me with you to their house," he stated.

Harith was exasperated at that stupid suggestion. He strongly disagreed that he pushed him away and went to grab his bicycle. Just when he thought he got away from him, Harley grabbed the back of his bicycle, preventing him from running away.

"Stop being childish, damn it! I don't want to get involved with an attention seeker like you so back off!" Harith snapped.

That was the first time Harley received such a response from him so it was a real shock. He was processing the words said to him that his grip on Harith's bicycle loosened, giving the chance to the latter to finally leave. Harley watched him grew smaller until he was no longer in sight and it hit him. He was so clingy to him ever since the incident at the nurse's office.

He realized that he was having fun teasing him, he felt happy just by looking at him and just a while ago when he knew that Nana wasn't his girlfriend, he was actually relieved. Those feelings weren't the feelings of a bully teasing a weaker person, it was the feeling of a person in love.

It wasn't just that. It pained him when Harith told him that he never wanted to be linked to him.

"Shit, this is bad," he mumbled to himself as he covered half of his blushing face.

The very next morning, Harith went to school with dark circles around his eyes. When he was about to step foot at the building where his classroom was located, the soccer ball came rolling in front of him. He looked to his right and saw Harley running in his direction.

He was expecting him to say something gibberish like what he always did before, but he was taken aback when Harley simply got the ball and started jogging back to the field without sparing him even a single glance.

He headed to his room with his mind in a total mess. Nana noticed his unusual behavior so she approached him.

"Did something happen? It looks like you didn't have a good sleep," she stated.

Harith slumped onto his desk and nodded in response. He didn't want to tell her what was bothering him because he, too, was confused and it'd be too controversial.

"If you need anything, just tell me, okay?" Nana said before leaving Harith so he could nap for a while since it was still early.

The classroom was too noisy that he could not find his sleep so he decided to go to the library. Like a zombie, he walked out of the classroom and went down the first floor.

Since there was a part in the huge library where only a few students would go, he went there and sat on the floor. He hugged his knees and burrowed his face into his arms.

He badly wanted to sleep but the thoughts in his mind did not let him. When he shouted at Harley the other day, he thought that he went too far that he kept thinking about it the whole night. And then that very morning, Harley did not speak to him which he concluded that it was because of what he told him.

He, then, heard faint footsteps but he didn't bother looking who it was because he just didn't have the energy to do so.

"What's the matter with you?"

Hearing his voice, Harith lifted his head, and right in front of him was Harley. He knelt in one knee and leaned closer to him.

"You look like a walking corpse," Harley commented.

Harith didn't bite on his jokes. Instead, he looked into his eyes and asked, "What's wrong with you?"

He was not mad or trying to be offensive. He sounded tired. Harley immediately held his forehead to check if he had a fever, but he calmed down when his temperature was not that hot to be considered as a fever.

"Why?" Harith asked, confusing the blonde guy in front of him.

"Why did you just ignore me a while back after being so clingy for the past few days?" he added.

Harley was speechless. Not only was he still recovering from the shock yesterday but now, he was again being bombarded with shocking questions.

"Why am I making a big deal out of this? Why are you bothering me even in my thoughts? Why the hell did it have to be you? Why are you making me feel like this? It doesn't make any sense."

Harith asked those questions without breaking eye contact with Harley. He could see in his eyes that he was surprised but he just didn't care anymore. He just wanted him to know what was swirling in his mind.

However, without any warning, Harley pushed him on the wall. It was his turn to be in a state of shock and with the sudden closeness, he froze in place with his eyes widened.

"It's all because you fell for this attention seeker," Harley replied before closing the gap between them.

-END-

(As this was a request, I added it here 'cuz its first part is in this anthology.)