Avalanche of Feelings (10)

"Hana, would you mind going out and give this to your aunt Myrna?"

My mom handed me a container full of mac and cheese. I stared at her with disbelief because I don't wanna go there! I might bump into that heartless bastard!

Nevertheless, I still grabbed the container and went out. Practicing my inhale and exhale routine, I knocked on the door which I was desperately hoping that it would be aunt Myrna who'd open it.

Shutting my eyes while chanting my wish, I heard his voice.

"Whatever witchy you're doing, it ain't gonna work."

I flung my eyes open and got inside the house without sparing a glance at Hanzo. His previous actions were all unreasonable! I spoke with aunt Myrna in the kitchen while Hanzo stayed in the living room doing something in front of his laptop. Once in a while, I would steal glances of him which my aunt noticed.

"He said that you two are in a fight. What happened though? Hanzo wouldn't tell me," Aunt Myrna stated.

I crossed my arms and looked away from the living room.

"It's nothing."

After some time, I decided to approach Hanzo since prolonging our fight would only lessen our time together. I should lower my pride and reconcile with him but this will be the very last time I am doing this for this guy!

I flopped on the space beside him on the couch and looked at the screen of his laptop. My heart ached when I saw him filling up some documents for his passport. Yet I didn't make it so obvious.

"You're really going, huh, you kissing-other-guys'-girlfriend kisser," I commented.

Our gazes met and he was looking at me with a poker face.

"You really can't get over that incident," he responded.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I'd get over it if you kiss me instead."

And of course, that was just a joke. I would never, ever dare say that in front of him inside the living room of my relative's house. That would be so, so shameless of me to do.

I simply stuck out my tongue at him and replied, "When will you leave?"

"Probably a week after graduation."

"I see, then I'd be able to see you off."

Hearing me say that, Hanzo looked at me with his eyebrow raised. He told me that I don't have to see him off to the airport which kinda ticked me off. I rebutted with the conclusion that he must be seeing Kagura that day so he does not want me to go, and all I received from him was a flick on the forehead.

"I don't like her so don't speak about that incident again," he said.

I didn't say anything after that, I just watched him click the keyboard of his laptop. Kagura's advice of confession suddenly popped into my mind. She was right, confessing was the best choice for these feelings of mine to end without any lingering regrets.

Still, I shook my head to keep the thought of confessing away from me. I don't want Hanzo to leave the country thinking that a cousin of his fell for him. It feels like it would burden him and if not, he might think of me as someone crazy and disgusting. I don't want that.

"Is your brain misplaced? Shaking your head won't click it back to place though."

His comment really ticked me off. I was here just beside him, contemplating on the right course of action to take for his sake, and yet he still had the guts to say jokes like that.

I clenched my fist and hit him right on the arm. Of course, I didn't hold back, he deserved it anyway.

"Instead of worrying about my misplaced brain, worry about your crooked attitude instead."

He smirked at me—it almost took my breath away, I swear—and stared directly into my eyes.

"I ain't worrying about you, dimwit."

This guy was the most twisted man I had ever met!

"Instead of sticking your nose into my business, why don't you grab those bills of yen in my wallet and find yourself a man in the club?" he added and even pointed at his wallet on top of the table.

I looked at him with a dopey face. Was he being serious? Was he thinking that I'd just go out and pick some man to marry? He was hurting me in a way he didn't know, he didn't have any idea.

"Are you my dad for you to sell me off? Do you really think it's that easy to find a partner?"

Hanzo shook his shoulders and replied, "Yes, it's easy as counting one, two, three, and singing the ABC."

I just couldn't understand this guy. If he thinks this way, then it would not surprise me if he suddenly announces his marriage when he is already in Finland.

Damn you, Hanzo! Damn you! You are making me overthink like shit!