Let Me (Luo Yi|Yu Zhong)

(A/N: You might want to listen to Let Me by Zayn Malik while reading this one.)

"Why the hell are you telling me? That weakling is supposed to be my master?!" Luo Yi scoffed, hitting the wooden table that was almost halved in two.

"Calm down–'

"I cannot calm down!"

Her outburst was something uncontrollable especially when she remembers Yu Zhong. She was told that he was a great master who led thousands of soldiers to countless victories. As a soldier who wanted to serve her land, she travelled to meet him. Yet after her short meeting with him, the news that she had heard seemed to be untrue.

Luo Yo could vividly remember how Yu Zhong looked. His build was greater than any ordinary soldier, his dark hair that was slicked to the back gave his fierce look and his amethyst eyes were also the eyes of a leader. With just one glance, one could infer that he was truly a leader. Yet when she was introduced to him, he was not the one she expected him to be. He was trembling as she faced him, he cannot even stare directly at her eyes and his knees would almost give up.

Luo Yi shook her head as that memory played in her mind. She simply grabbed her cup of booze and drank, trying to forget how she was tricked by the fake news about Yu Zhong.

Just when she was about to order another cup of booze, she saw Yu Zhong entering the tavern. She could not help but scoff at his appearance for he irritates the hell out of her.

"Luo Yi, may I have a word with you?" he asked her which made her roll her eyes to the sides. She slammed the empty cup down on the table and shot him a glare as she stood.

"What? You're going to be my master?" she spit, "How could that be possible of you are weaker than I am?!"

With her sudden outburst, Yu Zhong seemed to have gotten smaller as he looked down on the ground and unable to rebut at the woman. Luo Yi walked passed him and even hit his shoulder with hers before strutting out from the tavern. To vent out her anger, she grabbed her sword and went to the training ground where straw dummies greeted her.

Yelling on top of her lungs, she lunged towards the first dummy and immediately decapitated it with one swing.

"Damn it! Damn it!" she cursed under her breath and still continued to swing her sword. She had travelled far with the hopes of serving a worthy master and yet she ended up meeting a man who seemed to be even scared of the dark.

She suddenly heard thuds inside the house, thus, she stopped and focused on observing the vicinity for they might be under attack by another group of assassins. She slowly stepped inside the house where the other soldiers were currently staying in and heard no noises which used to fill the rooms. She tightened her grip on her weapon as she held the door. Letting out an exhale, she banged it open and drawn her weapon.

Yet her eyes widened upon setting her sight on the man who just slit an assassin's throat, tainting his sword with blood. Dead bodies of assassins scattered around and no other sign of soldiers being there except her and Yu Zhong.

"I thought you'd take care of this yet I had to do it myself," he said. What made Luo Yi wonder was that the Yu Zhong standing in front of her that was holding a sword was not the Yu Zhong she met that was nothing but a coward. It was as if he was another person.

He stepped forward and Luo Yi almost let out a yelp when the tip of his sword was just a millimeter away from her eyes.

"You must always keep your guard up at any time for you fldo not know when the enemy shall attack. Don't dwell on unnecessary matters, Luo Yi," he added.

Unable to believe that the man in front of her was actually Yu Zhong, she swung her sword against his that made a loud clang as the metals hit each other.

"Who are you?" she asked, shooting him a deadly glare. Yet before she could even say another word and react to Yu Zhong's sudden attack, her weapon was sent sliding on the floor.

"You have a lot to learn. Such simple attack could even disarm you," Yu Zhong scoffed while shaking his head and his eyes fixed on Luo Yi. "Someone like you have no right to become my apprentice."

Hearing his words had truly hurt Luo Yi's pride for he had not witnessed her true skills in battle. Judging her so fast was something she could not tolerate for she took pride on her skills as a soldier. To get back at him, she stepped forward and tried to hit him with a roundhouse kick, yet Yu Zhong dodged it without much problem.

To have a fair combat, Yu Zhong dropped his sword and kicked Luo Yi right on her abdomen. It sent her flying out from the house and roll on the ground. She grunted in pain as she gathered her remaining strength to stand back. Just then, she realized that she had judged him too early without even seeing what he was capable of. She was the one at fault to begin with. Yet that was no reason to let him step on her.

Yu Zhong came charging towards her and was about to land a jab right on her face, yet she managed to block it with both hands. She smirked at him at she held his wrist and was about to twist it right behind him. But he was stronger that he managed to turn the tables around and sent her rolling again on the ground after landing another hit on her chest.

Luo Yi was on her knees and for the very first time, she felt weaker than anyone. It was her first to be defeated at a one-on-one combat. She could not lift her head to meet the gaze of Yu Zhong, she was too embarrassed to do so for she had spoken ill of a true master.

Heaving, she shut her eyes out of embarrassment. Just then, she heard footsteps coming towards her and upon lifting her gaze, Yu Zhong was in front of her.

He was kneeling on one knee and a smirk was plastered on his lips. He outstretched his hand, probably wanting to help her stand on both feet. Luo Yi hesitated for her previous actions were unforgivable, she was the haughty one when in fact, she was the weaker one.

Biting her lower lip and gulping her embarrassment, she accepted his offer. Yet the moment their hands touched, Yu Zhong tightened his grip on hers and pulled her close, too close, towards him. His other hand held her by the waist which made her blush in no time, making her wish desperately that he would not notice it.

And with a smirk, he asked, "Am I a worthy master now?"

Their eyes were fixed on each other and their noses almost touched, yet Yu Zhong still tightened his grip around her, pulling her closer. Luo Yi felt mortified that she put both of her hands against her master's chest to stop him.

"Yes, master," she said in an almost of a whisper.